The Eater of Darkness

  • Planet_Stories
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 29 1:39 PM
      Anybody know if Chip ever read this? Given the description of the typography, it sounds like a maybe to me.

      http://observatory.designobserver.com/rickpoynor/feature/on-the-trail-of-the-eater-of-darkness/37857/

      The Eater of Darkness
      Robert M. Coates
      Cover art by Milton Glaser

      Another book to hunt down!!!

      Fred Kiesche
    • david moses fruchter
      Message 2 of 2 , May 11, 2013
        Wow, from that image of the wrapping text, if SRD didn't read it before
        he wrote Dhalgren then it's a pretty spooky case of parallel evolution
        (either than, or some common ancestor that we're not aware of.)