Re: [delany-list] Audio book

  • Joseph Zitt
    Message 1 of 11 , Feb 19, 2013
      Great! I'll definitely take a look.

      I've also remembered that the superb audio dramatization of "The Star-Pit"
      is online at http://www.pseudopodium.org/repress/TheStarPit/index.html

      On Tue, Feb 19, 2013 at 6:29 PM, Eric Solstein <digmez@...> wrote:

      > Maybe a good time to remind y'all that my film, "Atlantis and Other New
      > York Tales," featuring Chip reading and nothing but Chip reading is
      > available to view, for FREE, at Youtube:
      >
      > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qja_UOI--y4&list=PLC293E246B84BFC3D
      >
      > And despite their latter difficulties, I am nearly finished with the
      > second of my three films about Tom Disch.
      >
      > Interested parties can see an early generation of the current project
      > (then called "Deaccessioning,") also at the my Youtube page, and the first
      > song from the newly recorded soundtrack at my Vimeo page. Here are the
      > links:
      >
      > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_qJKov6kC_I&list=PL9CF2C5C14CC3F1DC&index=1
      >
      > https://vimeo.com/58199745
      >
      > -Eric Solstein
      >

      > On Feb 19, 2013, at 6:16 PM, Greg Weeks <greg@...> wrote:
      >
      > > On Tue, 19 Feb 2013, Joseph Zitt wrote:
      > >
      > > > Are any other Delany works available as audiobooks? His writing is so
      > > > auditory in some ways that they would seem obvious to do, but I
      > haven't run
      > > > across much.
      > >
      > > I didn't find any on a quick check at Amazon.
      > >
      > > --
      > > Greg Weeks
      > > http://durendal.org/greg/
      > >

      > -Eric Solstein
      > For current work, archives & materials of interest, at YouTube:
      > http://www.youtube.com/user/agentb27

      Joseph Zitt ::http://www.josephzitt.com

    • Planet_Stories
      Message 2 of 11 , Feb 20, 2013
        I recall finding some readings from conventions or bookstores on YouTube as well.

        FPK3

        --- In delany-list@yahoogroups.com, Joseph Zitt <jzitt@...> wrote:

        > Great! I'll definitely take a look.
        >
        > I've also remembered that the superb audio dramatization of "The Star-Pit"
        > is online at http://www.pseudopodium.org/repress/TheStarPit/index.html
        >

        > On Tue, Feb 19, 2013 at 6:29 PM, Eric Solstein <digmez@...> wrote:
        >
        > > Maybe a good time to remind y'all that my film, "Atlantis and Other New
        > > York Tales," featuring Chip reading and nothing but Chip reading is
        > > available to view, for FREE, at Youtube:
        > >
        > > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qja_UOI--y4&list=PLC293E246B84BFC3D
        > >
        > > And despite their latter difficulties, I am nearly finished with the
        > > second of my three films about Tom Disch.
        > >
        > > Interested parties can see an early generation of the current project
        > > (then called "Deaccessioning,") also at the my Youtube page, and the first
        > > song from the newly recorded soundtrack at my Vimeo page. Here are the
        > > links:
        > >
        > > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_qJKov6kC_I&list=PL9CF2C5C14CC3F1DC&index=1
        > >
        > > https://vimeo.com/58199745
        > >
        > > -Eric Solstein

        > > haven't run
        > > >
        > > > I didn't find any on a quick check at Amazon.
        > > >
        > > > --
        > > > Greg Weeks
        > > > http://durendal.org/greg/
        > > >

        > > -Eric Solstein
        > > For current work, archives & materials of interest, at YouTube:
        > > http://www.youtube.com/user/agentb27

        > --
        > Joseph Zitt ::http://www.josephzitt.com

      • toddbehr60
        Message 3 of 11 , Feb 20, 2013
          There is a reading of Babel-17 floating around out there. No idea who produced it, or when. It appears to be complete - about 6:17 in length.

          Todd

          --- In delany-list@yahoogroups.com, Joseph Zitt <jzitt@...> wrote:

          > Are any other Delany works available as audiobooks? His writing is so
          > auditory in some ways that they would seem obvious to do, but I haven't run
          > across much.
        • Matt
          Message 4 of 11 , Mar 9, 2013
            --- In delany-list@yahoogroups.com, Greg Weeks <greg@...> wrote:

            > Captives of the Flame audio book by Librivox
            >
            > http://librivox.org/captives-of-the-flame-by-samuel-r-delany/
            >
            > --
            > Greg Weeks
            > http://durendal.org/greg/

            Thanks again for putting this on PG; it was fun recording it and now Jewels.