Re: [delany-list] Audio book

  • Eric Solstein
    Message 1 of 11 , Feb 19, 2013
      Maybe a good time to remind y'all that my film, "Atlantis and Other New York Tales," featuring Chip reading and nothing but Chip reading is available to view, for FREE, at Youtube:

      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qja_UOI--y4&list=PLC293E246B84BFC3D

      And despite their latter difficulties, I am nearly finished with the second of my three films about Tom Disch.

      Interested parties can see an early generation of the current project (then called "Deaccessioning,") also at the my Youtube page, and the first song from the newly recorded soundtrack at my Vimeo page. Here are the links:

      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_qJKov6kC_I&list=PL9CF2C5C14CC3F1DC&index=1

      https://vimeo.com/58199745

      -Eric Solstein

      On Feb 19, 2013, at 6:16 PM, Greg Weeks <greg@...> wrote:

      > On Tue, 19 Feb 2013, Joseph Zitt wrote:
      >
      > > Are any other Delany works available as audiobooks? His writing is so
      > > auditory in some ways that they would seem obvious to do, but I haven't run
      > > across much.
      >
      > I didn't find any on a quick check at Amazon.
      >
      > --
      > Greg Weeks
      > http://durendal.org/greg/

      -Eric Solstein
      For current work, archives & materials of interest, at YouTube:
      http://www.youtube.com/user/agentb27

    • Joseph Zitt
      Message 2 of 11 , Feb 19, 2013
        Great! I'll definitely take a look.

        I've also remembered that the superb audio dramatization of "The Star-Pit"
        is online at http://www.pseudopodium.org/repress/TheStarPit/index.html

        On Tue, Feb 19, 2013 at 6:29 PM, Eric Solstein <digmez@...> wrote:

        > Maybe a good time to remind y'all that my film, "Atlantis and Other New
        > York Tales," featuring Chip reading and nothing but Chip reading is
        > available to view, for FREE, at Youtube:
        >
        > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qja_UOI--y4&list=PLC293E246B84BFC3D
        >
        > And despite their latter difficulties, I am nearly finished with the
        > second of my three films about Tom Disch.
        >
        > Interested parties can see an early generation of the current project
        > (then called "Deaccessioning,") also at the my Youtube page, and the first
        > song from the newly recorded soundtrack at my Vimeo page. Here are the
        > links:
        >
        > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_qJKov6kC_I&list=PL9CF2C5C14CC3F1DC&index=1
        >
        > https://vimeo.com/58199745
        >
        > -Eric Solstein
        >

        > On Feb 19, 2013, at 6:16 PM, Greg Weeks <greg@...> wrote:
        >
        > > On Tue, 19 Feb 2013, Joseph Zitt wrote:
        > >
        > > > Are any other Delany works available as audiobooks? His writing is so
        > > > auditory in some ways that they would seem obvious to do, but I
        > haven't run
        > > > across much.
        > >
        > > I didn't find any on a quick check at Amazon.
        > >
        > > --
        > > Greg Weeks
        > > http://durendal.org/greg/
        > >

        > -Eric Solstein
        > For current work, archives & materials of interest, at YouTube:
        > http://www.youtube.com/user/agentb27

        Joseph Zitt ::http://www.josephzitt.com

      • Planet_Stories
        Message 3 of 11 , Feb 20, 2013
          I recall finding some readings from conventions or bookstores on YouTube as well.

          FPK3

          --- In delany-list@yahoogroups.com, Joseph Zitt <jzitt@...> wrote:

          > Great! I'll definitely take a look.
          >
          > I've also remembered that the superb audio dramatization of "The Star-Pit"
          > is online at http://www.pseudopodium.org/repress/TheStarPit/index.html
          >

          > On Tue, Feb 19, 2013 at 6:29 PM, Eric Solstein <digmez@...> wrote:
          >
          > > Maybe a good time to remind y'all that my film, "Atlantis and Other New
          > > York Tales," featuring Chip reading and nothing but Chip reading is
          > > available to view, for FREE, at Youtube:
          > >
          > > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qja_UOI--y4&list=PLC293E246B84BFC3D
          > >
          > > And despite their latter difficulties, I am nearly finished with the
          > > second of my three films about Tom Disch.
          > >
          > > Interested parties can see an early generation of the current project
          > > (then called "Deaccessioning,") also at the my Youtube page, and the first
          > > song from the newly recorded soundtrack at my Vimeo page. Here are the
          > > links:
          > >
          > > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_qJKov6kC_I&list=PL9CF2C5C14CC3F1DC&index=1
          > >
          > > https://vimeo.com/58199745
          > >
          > > -Eric Solstein

          > > haven't run
          > > >
          > > > I didn't find any on a quick check at Amazon.
          > > >
          > > > --
          > > > Greg Weeks
          > > > http://durendal.org/greg/
          > > >

          > > -Eric Solstein
          > > For current work, archives & materials of interest, at YouTube:
          > > http://www.youtube.com/user/agentb27

          > --
          > Joseph Zitt ::http://www.josephzitt.com

        • toddbehr60
          Message 4 of 11 , Feb 20, 2013
            There is a reading of Babel-17 floating around out there. No idea who produced it, or when. It appears to be complete - about 6:17 in length.

            Todd

            --- In delany-list@yahoogroups.com, Joseph Zitt <jzitt@...> wrote:

            > Are any other Delany works available as audiobooks? His writing is so
            > auditory in some ways that they would seem obvious to do, but I haven't run
            > across much.
          • Matt
            Message 5 of 11 , Mar 9, 2013
              --- In delany-list@yahoogroups.com, Greg Weeks <greg@...> wrote:

              > Captives of the Flame audio book by Librivox
              >
              > http://librivox.org/captives-of-the-flame-by-samuel-r-delany/
              >
              > --
              > Greg Weeks
              > http://durendal.org/greg/

              Thanks again for putting this on PG; it was fun recording it and now Jewels.