Re: [delany-list] Audio book

  • Greg Weeks
    Message 1 of 11 , Feb 19, 2013
      On Tue, 19 Feb 2013, Zvi Gilbert wrote:

      > So it looks like these will be the only such "public domain" works from Ace
      > Books that will exist for another 45 years or so.

      Yes, the only Delany works. And these are not the text prefered by Delany.
      Those are in the 1968 reprints and are still under copyright.

      --
      Greg Weeks
      http://durendal.org/greg/
      Message 2 of 11 , Feb 19, 2013
        Are any other Delany works available as audiobooks? His writing is so
        auditory in some ways that they would seem obvious to do, but I haven't run
        across much.

        On Tue, Feb 19, 2013 at 3:29 PM, Greg Weeks <greg@...> wrote:

        > On Tue, 19 Feb 2013, Zvi Gilbert wrote:
        >
        > > So it looks like these will be the only such "public domain" works from
        > Ace
        > > Books that will exist for another 45 years or so.
        >
        > Yes, the only Delany works. And these are not the text prefered by Delany.
        > Those are in the 1968 reprints and are still under copyright.
        >
        > --
        > Greg Weeks
        > http://durendal.org/greg/

        Joseph Zitt ::http://www.josephzitt.com

      • Greg Weeks
        Message 3 of 11 , Feb 19, 2013
          On Tue, 19 Feb 2013, Joseph Zitt wrote:

          > Are any other Delany works available as audiobooks? His writing is so
          > auditory in some ways that they would seem obvious to do, but I haven't run
          > across much.

          I didn't find any on a quick check at Amazon.

          --
          Greg Weeks
          http://durendal.org/greg/
          Message 4 of 11 , Feb 19, 2013
            Maybe a good time to remind y'all that my film, "Atlantis and Other New York Tales," featuring Chip reading and nothing but Chip reading is available to view, for FREE, at Youtube:

            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qja_UOI--y4&list=PLC293E246B84BFC3D

            And despite their latter difficulties, I am nearly finished with the second of my three films about Tom Disch.

            Interested parties can see an early generation of the current project (then called "Deaccessioning,") also at the my Youtube page, and the first song from the newly recorded soundtrack at my Vimeo page. Here are the links:

            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_qJKov6kC_I&list=PL9CF2C5C14CC3F1DC&index=1

            https://vimeo.com/58199745

            -Eric Solstein

            On Feb 19, 2013, at 6:16 PM, Greg Weeks <greg@...> wrote:

            > On Tue, 19 Feb 2013, Joseph Zitt wrote:
            >
            > > Are any other Delany works available as audiobooks? His writing is so
            > > auditory in some ways that they would seem obvious to do, but I haven't run
            > > across much.
            >
            > I didn't find any on a quick check at Amazon.
            >
            > --
            > Greg Weeks
            > http://durendal.org/greg/

            -Eric Solstein
            For current work, archives & materials of interest, at YouTube:
            http://www.youtube.com/user/agentb27

          • Joseph Zitt
            Message 5 of 11 , Feb 19, 2013
              Great! I'll definitely take a look.

              I've also remembered that the superb audio dramatization of "The Star-Pit"
              is online at http://www.pseudopodium.org/repress/TheStarPit/index.html

              On Tue, Feb 19, 2013 at 6:29 PM, Eric Solstein <digmez@...> wrote:

              > Maybe a good time to remind y'all that my film, "Atlantis and Other New
              > York Tales," featuring Chip reading and nothing but Chip reading is
              > available to view, for FREE, at Youtube:
              >
              > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qja_UOI--y4&list=PLC293E246B84BFC3D
              >
              > And despite their latter difficulties, I am nearly finished with the
              > second of my three films about Tom Disch.
              >
              > Interested parties can see an early generation of the current project
              > (then called "Deaccessioning,") also at the my Youtube page, and the first
              > song from the newly recorded soundtrack at my Vimeo page. Here are the
              > links:
              >
              > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_qJKov6kC_I&list=PL9CF2C5C14CC3F1DC&index=1
              >
              > https://vimeo.com/58199745
              >
              > -Eric Solstein
              >

              > On Feb 19, 2013, at 6:16 PM, Greg Weeks <greg@...> wrote:
              >
              > > On Tue, 19 Feb 2013, Joseph Zitt wrote:
              > >
              > > > Are any other Delany works available as audiobooks? His writing is so
              > > > auditory in some ways that they would seem obvious to do, but I
              > haven't run
              > > > across much.
              > >
              > > I didn't find any on a quick check at Amazon.
              > >
              > > --
              > > Greg Weeks
              > > http://durendal.org/greg/
              > >

              > -Eric Solstein
              > For current work, archives & materials of interest, at YouTube:
              > http://www.youtube.com/user/agentb27

              Joseph Zitt ::http://www.josephzitt.com

            • Planet_Stories
              Message 6 of 11 , Feb 20, 2013
                I recall finding some readings from conventions or bookstores on YouTube as well.

                FPK3

                --- In delany-list@yahoogroups.com, Joseph Zitt <jzitt@...> wrote:

                > Great! I'll definitely take a look.
                >
                > I've also remembered that the superb audio dramatization of "The Star-Pit"
                > is online at http://www.pseudopodium.org/repress/TheStarPit/index.html
                >

                > On Tue, Feb 19, 2013 at 6:29 PM, Eric Solstein <digmez@...> wrote:
                >
                > > Maybe a good time to remind y'all that my film, "Atlantis and Other New
                > > York Tales," featuring Chip reading and nothing but Chip reading is
                > > available to view, for FREE, at Youtube:
                > >
                > > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qja_UOI--y4&list=PLC293E246B84BFC3D
                > >
                > > And despite their latter difficulties, I am nearly finished with the
                > > second of my three films about Tom Disch.
                > >
                > > Interested parties can see an early generation of the current project
                > > (then called "Deaccessioning,") also at the my Youtube page, and the first
                > > song from the newly recorded soundtrack at my Vimeo page. Here are the
                > > links:
                > >
                > > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_qJKov6kC_I&list=PL9CF2C5C14CC3F1DC&index=1
                > >
                > > https://vimeo.com/58199745
                > >
                > > -Eric Solstein

                > > haven't run
                > > >
                > > > I didn't find any on a quick check at Amazon.
                > > >
                > > > --
                > > > Greg Weeks
                > > > http://durendal.org/greg/
                > > >

                > > -Eric Solstein
                > > For current work, archives & materials of interest, at YouTube:
                > > http://www.youtube.com/user/agentb27

                > --
                > Joseph Zitt ::http://www.josephzitt.com

              • toddbehr60
                Message 7 of 11 , Feb 20, 2013
                  There is a reading of Babel-17 floating around out there. No idea who produced it, or when. It appears to be complete - about 6:17 in length.

                  Todd

                  --- In delany-list@yahoogroups.com, Joseph Zitt <jzitt@...> wrote:

                  > Are any other Delany works available as audiobooks? His writing is so
                  > auditory in some ways that they would seem obvious to do, but I haven't run
                  > across much.
                • Matt
                  Message 8 of 11 , Mar 9, 2013
                    --- In delany-list@yahoogroups.com, Greg Weeks <greg@...> wrote:

                    > Captives of the Flame audio book by Librivox
                    >
                    > http://librivox.org/captives-of-the-flame-by-samuel-r-delany/
                    >
                    > --
                    > Greg Weeks
                    > http://durendal.org/greg/

                    Thanks again for putting this on PG; it was fun recording it and now Jewels.