How's a woman going to fall in love with a giant gorilla?

  • Seth Tisue
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 18, 2012
      > Apparently and contrary to what we assumed, but sadly did not prove
      > the copy didn't follow the usual Ubu policy [...]

      That policy covers materials Ubu actually host themselves. But on
      Twitter they often tweet links to stuff on other sites. There aren't
      any Delany materials on Ubu Web itself.

      Changing the subject, Calamus Bookstore in downtown Boston has 'Through
      the Valley of the Nest of Spiders' in stock. I'm just 40 pages in;
      working, eating, and sleeping keep interfering. Curses!

      A referent of the title, it turns out, is a lost scene from the 1933
      King Kong film. On page 14, a character refers to Peter Jackson's
      recreation of the scene. Background:
      <http://www.retrocrush.com/archive2005/kong/>
      <http://www.killermovies.com/k/kingkong/articles/5711.html>

      "Peter Jackson, writer and director of the upcoming King Kong remake,
      says that he couldn't resist the urge to resurrect the legendary 'spider
      pit' sequence from the original 1933 movie. 'The spider pit scene is,
      obviously, [speaking] as a King Kong fan, ... a mythic scene that was a
      sequence in the original film that was cut at the last minute,' Jackson
      told Sci-Fi Wire. 'It's become mythic because no prints of it survived,
      and there's a couple of still images. I wanted to put it in [the new
      film] as a Kong fan, because I thought it would be really cool to see
      King Kong and have a version of the spider pit scene in there."

      --
      Seth Tisue | http://tisue.net