Re: [delany-list] times square red, times square blue

  • Mark Desmet
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 12, 2012
      Zvi,
      I wonder how much the publisher or the author made on the used copy I
      bought?

      My point is: I own the book, have purchased multiple copies to give to
      friends, as I have for almost every book he has published, and I downloaded
      the referenced PDF. When the Jewel Hinged Jaw went to $75.00 "used" I had
      to say no, and, since I had given my first edition away, was unable to
      share those essays. I still haven't gotten to the point: This "unauthorized
      distribution" cost SRD or the publisher nothing. The Delany-list is not for
      casual browsing, surely, and I am equally sure most of the list has -and
      will do so again- purchased SRD's output, including the leatherbound signed
      Dhalgren(which I also gave away).

      I think threatening to ban a member over what *might* be
      an unauthorized download is a touch harsh. <-my point, finally, and meant
      without malice!

      Mark Desmet

      On Thu, Apr 12, 2012 at 11:17 AM, Zvi Gilbert <zvi@...> wrote:

      > **
      >

      > I think there's a very slim chance that it's authorized but I would love to
      > be wrong.
      >
      > I think someone needs to have a talk with this german popculture magazine.
      >
      > --Z
      >

      > On Thu, Apr 12, 2012 at 12:12 PM, Simon Dickel <simon.dickel@...>
      > wrote:
      >
      > > oh, i am very sorry.
      > > i obtained the link from the german popculture magazine /spex/. in their
      > > next issue to be published on friday, they will publish a new delany
      > > interview. they advertised the issue on the internet by distributing
      > > this link, and that's why i assumed it was fully authorized.

      www.2404i.blogspot.com
      www.howlercafe.com
      617-752-2419 gphone
      785-307-8262 blackberry