Re: [delany-list] Re: Spiders errata

  • Mark Desmet
    Message 1 of 11 , Apr 4, 2012
      I received notification that my pre-order from Amazon has shipped. Can't
      wait! Thanks for uploading the errata so quickly.

      On Tue, Apr 3, 2012 at 6:08 PM, Zvi Gilbert <zvi@...> wrote:

      > **
      >

      > Amazon.ca will ship -- I bought my copy yesterday as a belated 'Happy
      > Chip's Birthday' present to myself. --Z
      >

      > On Tue, Apr 3, 2012 at 6:40 PM, nivekgnir <kdring@...> wrote:
      > >
      > >> Well, there were copies for sale at the signing Chip did at the LGBT
      > >> Center in NYC on March 24. Apparently, though, Amazon won't ship until
      > the
      > >> 10th. However, the Kindle version is supposedly available immediately.

      www.2404i.blogspot.com
      www.howlercafe.com
      617-752-2419 gphone
      785-307-8262 blackberry
      785-317-2305 cell

    • toddbehr60
      Message 2 of 11 , Apr 4, 2012
        Thanks for pointing out the errata page! I just bought and downloaded the NOOK e-book from B&N, and was able to open it up in Sigil - because the NOOK version is apparently unencumbered by DRM - insert the missing chapter, renumber the subsequent chapters, and correct all the errata. That took me about 45 minutes. Now, when I read it, I'll have a complete and correct version. See, there ARE some advantages to e-books!

        Interestingly, several of the last few listed on the errata page were already corrected in the e-text.
      • Eric Solstein
        Message 3 of 11 , Apr 4, 2012
          > Thanks for pointing out the errata page! I just bought and downloaded the NOOK e-book from B&N, and was able to open it up in Sigil - because the NOOK version is apparently unencumbered by DRM - insert the missing chapter, renumber the subsequent chapters, and correct all the errata. That took me about 45 minutes. Now, when I read it, I'll have a complete and correct version. See, there ARE some advantages to e-books!

          Yeah, but now it's no longer a first edition.

          -Eric Solstein
          For current work, archives & materials of interest, at YouTube:
          http://www.youtube.com/user/agentb27

        • Jay Schuster
          Message 4 of 11 , Apr 7, 2012
            On Apr 3, 2012, at 1:26 PM, nivekgnir wrote:

            > Just to let everyone know, there's already an errata page for Through the Valley of the Nest of Spiders up on my site. It includes an entire chapter that was inadvertently left out of the novel.
            >
            > http://www.oneringcircus.com/spiders_errata.html

            Intentional or not, this is an amusing meta- on Chip's dyslexia. The errata states that it's to be inserted at chapter 90 on page 956. The book is only 804 pages long. When I looked for chapter 90, I see that it starts on page 659...

            -- Jay
            --
            Jay Schuster <jay@...>

          • Steve Maxey
            Message 5 of 11 , Apr 19, 2012
              The Kindle edition is similalry unencumbered by DRM, so you can use
              Sigil to create a corrected copy of it, as well. I used Calibre to
              translate the Kindle version to epub, did the edits in Sigil and
              translated back--though I don't know offhand if that's necessary.