Re: [delany-list] Digest Number 1099

  • Wade T Smith
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 1, 2012
      On 01 01, 2012, at 05:32:05, delany-list@yahoogroups.com wrote:

      > That's just where my
      > brain has been this week. :-) - David

      It's amazing where Mad Man puts one's brain, ain't it? I've never really had such a visceral response to a book, at times unable to read another word, at times unable to keep from going on. I'm not sure where or why, although I'm more than willing to put it down to a master craftsman at work, but, I've had nothing but terrific discussions with others about that book, and made a few new acquaintances. And I'm very much a boomer white boy, who's allowed this gentle and bizarre writer to open his view of the world.

      - Wade
    • David Carlton
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 1, 2012
        On Sun, Jan 1, 2012 at 8:34 AM, Wade T Smith <skepticus@...>wrote:

        > On 01 01, 2012, at 05:32:05, delany-list@yahoogroups.com wrote:
        >
        > > That's just where my
        > > brain has been this week. :-) - David
        >
        > It's amazing where Mad Man puts one's brain, ain't it? I've never really
        > had such a visceral response to a book, at times unable to read another
        > word, at times unable to keep from going on. I'm not sure where or why,
        > although I'm more than willing to put it down to a master craftsman at
        > work, but, I've had nothing but terrific discussions with others about that
        > book, and made a few new acquaintances. And I'm very much a boomer white
        > boy, who's allowed this gentle and bizarre writer to open his view of the
        > world.

        It really is; that book is absolutely a masterpiece, so many different
        facets.

        (Also: my reaction is a sign that I should go on a Delany rereading binge,
        I think. It's been way too long!)

        --
        David Carlton
        carlton@...