Follow-up to previous Phallos topic.

  • james_hesperornis
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 13, 2010
      Now that I have Phallos sitting on my shelf beside Heavenly Breakfast, I realize my previous confusion over the former book's status was justified. They're both published by Bamberger. I don't know how I missed that before. The difference is, retailers still have copies of Heavenly Breakfast in stock, despite the fact that it was published seven years prior to Phallos.

      Did Bamberger fold, or were fewer copies of Phallos printed for a particular reason? I wonder if the existence of Delany's yet-to-be-published (or submitted?), slightly expanded version (or WIP?) of Phallos has anything to do with it.
    • Michael Hemmingson
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 13, 2010
        Bamberger is a tiny one man operation, a specialty press, and William Bamberger
        has been at it for a couple of decades. Most small presses and even mid size
        presses are one person or family businesses.