Another silly Philly note

  • Richard Moorman
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 6, 2001
      More comment from Philly - this from David Langford's e-zine Ansible (v. 165):

      MICHAEL SWANWICK is crushed: `My chances of someday being recognized as
      Philadelphia's leading science fiction writer were bitterly dashed when
      Samuel R.Delany accepted a post at Temple University, where he will be
      teaching three days a week. Now the best I can hope for is that someday
      I will be Philadelphia's leading science fiction writer on Thursdays,
      Fridays, and weekends. As part of the package Temple used to lure Chip
      to Philly, he was given tenure his first day there.'