Re: [delany-list] Digest Number 145

  • zvi@vex.net
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 27, 2001
      camille said:
      > it is obvious to everyone that he is at temple, what i
      > am wondering is whether he had a lready received
      > tenure, after less than a semester there!

      Well... not to speculate on the details of his employment contract, which
      in a sense really don't concern us... but he seems like a hot academic
      property. We're talking about a well-respected scholar, writer, teacher,
      and all-around mind, someone whom many universities would JUMP at the
      chance to get on faculty. In those sorts of cases, it seems that tenure
      would certainly be one of the inducements they could offer.

      --Zvi
      zvi@...
      (MA and two years towards Ph.D.; discussed these matters)