Omegahelm

  • Henrick Pålsson
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 1, 2006
      Hi

      When was this short story first published?

      Cheers
      Henrick
    • roadyotoad
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 5, 2006
        It was published in 1981 in the collection Distant Stars. The
        collection also included Empire Star; We, In Some Strange Power's
        Employ, Move on a Rigorous Line; and Time Considered as a Helix of
        Semi-Precious Stones. It's currently in the collection Aye, and
        Gomorrah.

        Charles

        --- In delany-list@yahoogroups.com, Henrick Pålsson <spentomad@...>
        wrote:

        > Hi
        >
        > When was this short story first published?
        >
        > Cheers
        > Henrick

      • Henrick Pålsson
        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 5, 2006
          Thanks!

          But I´ve a few other qs about the published date of
          his short stories.

          Ruins
          We, in Some Strange Power´s Employ, Move on a Rigorous
          Line
          Night and the Loves of Joe Dicostanzo
          Dog in a Fisherman's Net
          Cage of Brass
          Among The Blobs
          Tapestry

          The reason I ask is that I written on Wikipedia (swe)
          about him and his work. Which I hope you will help me
          with. Just the date of this short stories.

          Cheers,
          Henrick

          ---------------------------------

          wrote:

          > Hi
          >
          > When was this short story first published?
          >
          > Cheers
          > Henrick

          == Posted to delany-list, hosted at
          onelist^Wegroups^Wyahoo ==
          == A mailing list for the discussion of the works of
          Samuel R. Delany. ==

          Writing book
          Writing a book
          Science fiction and fantasy
          Writing book for
          child course
          Writing a non fiction book

          Terms of Service.

          ---------------------------------
          Message 4 of 7 , Jun 5, 2006
            Henrick,

            All this information should appear in the copyright and
            permissions page(s) of the collection(s) where these
            stories appear -- the place of original publication and
            copyright date, at minimum.

          • David Carlton
            Message 5 of 7 , Jun 5, 2006
              On Mon, 5 Jun 2006 19:24:04 +0200 (CEST), Henrick Pålsson <spentomad@...> said:

              > Ruins

              An earlier version, "In the Ruins", is from 1968; otherwise, 1981.

              > We, in Some Strange Power´s Employ, Move on a Rigorous
              > Line

              1968

              > Night and the Loves of Joe Dicostanzo

              1970

              > Dog in a Fisherman's Net

              1971

              > Cage of Brass

              1968

              > Among The Blobs

              1988

              > Tapestry

              Not aware of this one; where did you hear about it?

              > The reason I ask is that I written on Wikipedia (swe)
              > about him and his work. Which I hope you will help me
              > with. Just the date of this short stories.

              Maybe you should pick up a copy of his collected short stories, then.
              Lots of good stuff.

              David Carlton
              carlton@...
            • Henrick Pålsson
              Message 6 of 7 , Jun 6, 2006
                Okej, sorry for asking all this qs.

                Henrick

                --- Dan'l Danehy-Oakes <katbarx@...> skrev:

                > Henrick,
                >
                > All this information should appear in the copyright
                > and
                > permissions page(s) of the collection(s) where these
                > stories appear -- the place of original publication
                > and
                > copyright date, at minimum.
                >
                > >From: Henrick Pålsson <spentomad@...>
                > >To: delany-list@yahoogroups.com
                > >Subject: SV: [delany-list] Re: Omegahelm
                > >Date: Mon, 5 Jun 2006 19:24:04 +0200 (CEST)
                > >
                > >Thanks!
                > >
                > >But I´ve a few other qs about the published date of
                > >his short stories.
                > >
                > >Ruins
                > >We, in Some Strange Power´s Employ, Move on a
                > Rigorous
                > >Line
                > >Night and the Loves of Joe Dicostanzo
                > >Dog in a Fisherman's Net
                > >Cage of Brass
                > >Among The Blobs
                > >Tapestry
                > >
                > >The reason I ask is that I written on Wikipedia
                > (swe)
                > >about him and his work. Which I hope you will help
                > me
                > >with. Just the date of this short stories.
                > >
                > >Cheers,
                > >Henrick
                > >

                > >--- roadyotoad <roadytoad@...> skrev:
                > >

                > >---------------------------------
                > >It was published in 1981 in the collection Distant
                > >Stars. The
                > >collection also included Empire Star; We, In Some
                > >Strange Power's
                > >Employ, Move on a Rigorous Line; and Time
                > Considered
                > >as a Helix of
                > >Semi-Precious Stones. It's currently in the
                > collection
                > >Aye, and
                > >Gomorrah.
                > >
                > >Charles
                > >

                > >--- In delany-list@yahoogroups.com, Henrick Pålsson
                > ><spentomad@...>
                > >wrote:
                > > >
                > > > Hi
                > > >
                > > > When was this short story first published?
                > > >
                > > > Cheers
                > > > Henrick
                > > >

                > >== Posted to delany-list, hosted at
                > >onelist^Wegroups^Wyahoo ==
                > >== A mailing list for the discussion of the works
                > of
                > >Samuel R. Delany. ==

                > >Writing book
                > >Writing a book
                > >Science fiction and fantasy
                > > Writing book
                > for
                > >child course
                > >Writing a non fiction book

                > Yahoo!
                > >Terms of Service.
                > >

                > >---------------------------------

                > --------------------~-->
                > Protect your PC from spy ware with award winning
                > anti spy technology. It's free.

                http://us.click.yahoo.com/97bhrC/LGxNAA/yQLSAA/DtIolB/TM

              • Henrick Pålsson
                Message 7 of 7 , Jun 6, 2006
                  Dear David!!

                  Thank you for all help with the dates. And yes I´v
                  order an early version of driftglass (1971) and
                  Distant Stars. (1981)

                  Tapestry;
                  http://www.amazon.com/gp/sitbv3/reader/ref=sib_dp_pt/102-3188794-3411327?%5Fencoding=UTF8&asin=0375706712#reader-link
                  From