change re poetry group

  • didi
    Message 1 of 14 , Oct 2, 2004
      Dear Delany fans,

      Hello and this is just a note to inform you that the old poetry group
      textdesiremachinesonlyworkwhentheybreak has now
      become

      Poetry is a way of life.

      and like Dhalgren poetry is an action

      Post message: PoetryisawayofLife@yahoogroups.com
      Subscribe: PoetryisawayofLife-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
    • scimoto
      Message 2 of 14 , Jan 21, 2005
        Eric, is it too soon to ask you about the status of this DVD, its
        upcoming release, etc.? It's exciting to imagine being able, finally,
        to see "The Orchid". I've not seen "Atlantis"...etc. either. I've
        never seen Delany read. (Shame on me for that!)
        And how is "The Real Trout" coming along? (I'm a little confused...I
        can't find any information about purchasing videos and DVDs on the
        DMZ site.)

        -Jason

        --- In delany-list@yahoogroups.com, Eric Solstein <digmez@e...> wrote:
        > "The Orchid" is an avante garde, film. I had been making plans
        with
        > Chip to offer it as a bonus track within the DVD release
        of "Atlantis
        > and Other new York Tales," a filmed reading/performance of his at
        the
        > Judson Church. However this DVD version will not become available
        > until I complete my present project, "The Real Trout," a
        documentary
        > about writers, most prominently: Kurt Vonnegut, Ted Sturgeon and
        Barry
        > Malzberg. When a release date becomes available, I will announce
        it on
        > this forum, probably early 2005.
        >
        > -Eric Solstein
        >
        > On Thursday, September 23, 2004, at 12:18 PM, pete lenz wrote:
        >

        > > I never even knew there was one.
        > >
        > > -Pete

        > > == Posted to delany-list, hosted at onelist^Wegroups^Wyahoo ==
        > > == A mailing list for the discussion of the works of Samuel R.
        Delany.
        > > ==
        > > Yahoo! Groups Links

      • Eric Solstein
        Message 3 of 14 , Jan 25, 2005
          Jason,

          In 2002, I shut down my production facility in New York City and moved
          upstate. Now, I am working on all the projects you have inquired about
          without assistance, while simultaneously serving my former NYC clients
          (as a video producer/director), tending to my very recently expanded
          family (Rafi was born in October) and trying to succeed at being a
          recluse (which a lot harder than you might expect).

          Nevertheless, I expect to finish editing "Trout" in March (or April or
          May or...). "Atlantis," which should still be available on VHS from
          Voyant, is not abandoned. I am currently in discussions with Here! TV
          about presenting it on their network. Completion of the DVD is pending
          the outcome of those discussions.

          As for "The Orchid" (which I did arrange to be shown at the Anthology
          Film Archives once upon a time) is still a possible addition. Delany
          was talking about talking to that film's producer about obtaining
          rights, though I haven't spoken to him in over a year. A friend of
          mine, and excellent filmmaker, Fred Barney Taylor, has been working
          closely with Chip on something exciting, so stay tuned.

          As for the DMZ site, I have let it gather cobwebs since I shut down
          (and had to let go the staff member who managed it), but it is still on
          the server, with both Jim Gunn's "History of Science Fiction Film
          Series" and my "John Campbell's Golden Age of Science Fiction," still
          available.

          For DMZ's offerings - http://dmznyc.com/html/forsale.html

          And Voyant is at -
          http://www.voyantpub.com/voyant_main/titlesordering.htm#atlantis

          Thanks for your interest.

          -Eric Solstein

          On Jan 21, 2005, at 5:46 PM, scimoto wrote:

          > Eric, is it too soon to ask you about the status of this DVD, its
          > upcoming release, etc.? It's exciting to imagine being able, finally,
          > to see "The Orchid". I've not seen "Atlantis"...etc. either. I've
          > never seen Delany read. (Shame on me for that!)
          > And how is "The Real Trout" coming along? (I'm a little confused...I
          > can't find any information about purchasing videos and DVDs on the
          > DMZ site.)
          >

          > -Jason
          >

          > --- In delany-list@yahoogroups.com, Eric Solstein <digmez@e...> wrote:
          >> "The Orchid" is an avante garde, film. I had been making plans
          > with
          >> Chip to offer it as a bonus track within the DVD release
          > of "Atlantis
          >> and Other new York Tales," a filmed reading/performance of his at
          > the
          >> Judson Church. However this DVD version will not become available
          >> until I complete my present project, "The Real Trout," a
          > documentary
          >> about writers, most prominently: Kurt Vonnegut, Ted Sturgeon and
          > Barry
          >> Malzberg. When a release date becomes available, I will announce
          > it on
          >> this forum, probably early 2005.
          >>
          >> -Eric Solstein
          >>
          >> On Thursday, September 23, 2004, at 12:18 PM, pete lenz wrote:
          >>

          >>> I never even knew there was one.
          >>>
          >>> -Pete

          >>> == Posted to delany-list, hosted at onelist^Wegroups^Wyahoo ==
          >>> == A mailing list for the discussion of the works of Samuel R.
          > Delany.
          >>> ==
          >>> Yahoo! Groups Links
          >>>

          > == Posted to delany-list, hosted at onelist^Wegroups^Wyahoo ==
          > == A mailing list for the discussion of the works of Samuel R. Delany.
          > ==
          > Yahoo! Groups Links

        • scimoto
          Message 4 of 14 , Sep 28, 2006
            Eric,

            Has there been any progress with the Delany DVD? You mentioned that
            you might include the short film "The Orchid" if you completed the
            DVD. I bought Atlantis on VHS from you long ago, but I'm dying to
            see "The Orchid". Is there any way on earth for a person to see this
            short film? I'll do anything.
            Thanks.

            -Jason

            --- In delany-list@yahoogroups.com, Eric Solstein <digmez@...> wrote:

> [...]
            > > with
            > >> Chip to offer it as a bonus track within the DVD release
            > > of "Atlantis
            > >> and Other new York Tales," a filmed reading/performance of his at
            > > the
            > >> Judson Church. However this DVD version will not become
            available
            > >> until I complete my present project, "The Real Trout," a
            > > documentary
            > >> about writers, most prominently: Kurt Vonnegut, Ted Sturgeon and
            > > Barry
            > >> Malzberg. When a release date becomes available, I will announce
            > > it on
            > >> this forum, probably early 2005.
            > >>
            > >> -Eric Solstein

            > > Delany.
            > >>>

            > > == Posted to delany-list, hosted at onelist^Wegroups^Wyahoo ==
            > > == A mailing list for the discussion of the works of Samuel R.

          • scimoto
            Message 5 of 14 , Oct 4, 2006
              I seem to be having trouble posting this, but here, I'll try again:

              Eric, has there been any progress with the Delany DVD? You mentioned
              before that if you did complete it, you might include Delany's short
              film "The Orchid". I very much want to see "The Orchid"...is there
              any way in the world that I can see it?