Re: [delany-list] Question for the hardcore Delany readers

  • Derik A Badman
    Message 1 of 9 , Jun 29, 2004
      >At 2:27 AM +0000 6/29/04, mattpierard_2000 wrote:
      >>My question is: has he written any fiction in the last 25
      years on
      >>par with his brilliant work of the 60's and 70's? I'm re-
      >>reading "The Jewels of Aptor" for maybe the fourth time in
      three
      >>decades and quaint as it is these forty-some years on,
      it's still
      >>better than his later lumbering style in those early 80's.

      To what Steve listed, I'll add Atlantis: Three Tales, which
      includes a story related to Hart Crane and a fictionalized
      autobiography of Chip's father, a story that... well I
      completely forget the second story (the title has D.H.
      Lawrence in it which is probably why I blocked it out,
      though thinking about it, knowing that Chip isn't so keen on
      Lawrence maybe I'll go back and reread that story), and a
      (semi?)autobiographical story about an incident while he was
      in Greece.

      These stories are probably the apogee of his fiction,
      stylistically at least.

      derik.
      http://madinkbeard.com/mt