New Delany Interview

  • Ron Henry
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 22, 2004
      Noted online (from the site
      <http://www.rachelresnick.com/update.htm> ):

      "Speaking of newborn mags, yet another makes it debut: the legendary
      amazing fantabulous writer Steve Erickson, a fellow Topanga
      Canyonite, dreamed up and is editing a way cool new lit mag BLACK
      CLOCK, out of CalArts. ... Do not miss... Steve Erickson's
      extraordinary interview with Samuel R. Delany, another legend; and
      many others. When I was researching for the erotic book publishing
      gig, I read Sam Delaney's memoir from the late 60's in Greenwich
      Village, THE MOTION OF LIGHT IN WATER, about going to Bronx Science,
      growing up black, homosexual, marrying poet Marilyn Hacker, writing
      sci-fi, anonymous liasons in the twilit docks, and all kinds of other
      intense, groovy things. I could not put this book down"

      Ron Henry
    • Joseph Zitt
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 22, 2004
        Does anyone know where I might get this mag in the (SF) Bay Area?

        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 23, 2004
          Joseph Zitt <jzitt@...> wrote:

          >Does anyone know where I might get this mag in the (SF) Bay Area?

          Not sure about distribution, sorry; but after some digging on the web, I came up with the magazine's web site here: <http://www.calarts.edu/blackclock/about.html>.

          The contributors list for issue 1 shows that besides the Delany interview the issue has many other good writers to offer as well: <http://www.calarts.edu/blackclock/index.html>

          Anyhow, for subscriptions (2 issues) the web site says to send a check for $20 to:

          Black Clock
          c/o Dwayne Moser
          CalArts
          24700 McBean Parkway