"Aye" and the Andromeda Strain

  • ezmailslot
    Message 1 of 1 , May 31, 2003
      Hi All-""

      I am reading the first story in Chip's "Aye and Gomorrah",
      called "The Star Pit"... although I have not yet finished it, I am
      immediately struck by SEVERAL elements that appeared in the
      (awesome) sci-fi movie "The Andromeda Strain". So far these are:

      1) an old man and a child are the first ones discovered to be able
      to withstand a new phenomena because of their body chemistry, in
      SRD's case a hormone imbalance, in Andromeda Strain because of ph
      imbalance.

      2) A fungus (micro-organism) related to weaponry is brought back
      from space, in SRD's story from the "outer rim of Andomeda", causing
      a strange sickness.

      3) A mention of "powdered blood".

      OK, now I am going to read the whole story and continue my detective
      work. Did anybody else think this?

      BTW, saw SRD's lecture in LA. It was great. I love the way this
      man thinks.

      Later-

      Eric Zimmerman