Midpoint?

  • gerhardh@primemags.co.za
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 4, 2000
      I was amused to read the book description of 1984 on amazon.com, a
      new collection of Delanyania, where this collection was stated as
      being the product of a writer at the 'midpoint' of his career. I balk
      at this term, for 'midpoint' is preceded by 'peak', and followed by
      'inevitable decline'. With Splendor and Misery still in the wings,
      Delany is far from approaching any sort of midpoint ...