Propagation improved: was Propagating chaos (case propagating and numbers)

  • David Turner
    Message 1 of 53 , Feb 16, 2008
      Using an old message as an example, 7.5.302 patch 11 now
      autopropagates the following examples correctly:

      (with "Allow case conversions" turned on)
      abc -> xyz
      Abc -> Xyz
      ABC -> XYZ
      abc -> xyz
      Abc -> Xyz
      ABC -> ABC

      (with "Allow case conversions" turned off)
      TEUR 23,3 -> 23.3 thousand EUR
      TEUR 45,6 -> 45.6 thousand EUR
      TEUR 57,3 -> 57.3 thousand EUR
      TEUR 33,2 -> 33.2 thousand EUR

      with "Allow case conversion" turned on:
      TEUR 45,6 -> 45.6 THOUSAND EUR

      Good news for Victor (and the rest of us) ;-)

      Cheers,
      Dave

      --- In dejavu-l@yahoogroups.com, "Victor Dewsbery" <translation@...>

    • Steven Marzuola
      Message 53 of 53 , Feb 21, 2008
        --- In dejavu-l@yahoogroups.com, "Rob Laumen" <rlaumen@...> wrote:

        > Hi Victor,
        >
        > > --- "David Turner" <asaptraduction@> wrote:
        > > >
        > > > Using an old message as an example, 7.5.302 patch 11 now
        > > > autopropagates the following examples correctly:

        > > Good news indeed - if only there were some published way to
        > > get and install patch 11.
        > > Having failed to install one of the early patches under Vista
        > > (and received advice which I didn't understand), I had
        > > basically given up on the patches and decided to make do with
        > > my unpatched 302. Your report encouraged me to have another
        > > look. I went to atril.com and found zilch. I went to the
        > > community site and ditto. I went to Wikipedia and found an
        > > entry about the various patches for DVX 284 (with an
        > > older version on Necco's site).
        > >

        > Patch 11 has only been released to the beta testers, so it is
        > not yet publicly available.

        I think this has been mentioned before, but I'll say it again: I think
        the beta testers should confine their remarks about that software to
        the beta test group.

        Beta testing is an important part of the software business, but not
        everyone is interested in being on the bleeding edge.

        At one time, before the release of DVX, that group was kept somewhat
        secret; but DVX is now a mature product. For those who wish to follow
        the developments over there, I would suggest that you write to the
        moderators of this group and ask how you can join.

        Steven Marzuola