Re: [dejavu-l] Removing Trados stuff manually - urgent

  • Herbert Eppel
    Message 1 of 13 , Jun 28, 2007
      On 28.06.2007 11:28 UK Time, Lawrence Häcker wrote:
      > Thanks. Please don't leave them behind, as I hate overripe bananas
      > ;-)

      Alright for smoothies though - just made one this afternoon in the food
      blender :-)

      > Also note you need to repeat this procedure within headers, footers,
      > textboxes and similar.

      Plenty of text boxes in this file, but I had dealt with them with the
      Move_Txtbox_To_Table macro :-)

      As for footers, the Trados cleanup routine seems to mess them up anyway
      when the contain the Page Number and/or Number of Pages variables, i.e.
      instead of the variables I tend to end up with a hard-coded random page
      number and a hard-coded number of pages. Is this normal?

      Herbert
      --
    • Herbert Eppel
      Message 2 of 13 , Jun 28, 2007
        On 28.06.2007 11:21 UK Time, Hans List wrote:
        > Herbert Eppel wrote:
        >> On 28.06.2007 11:11 UK Time, Lawrence Häcker wrote:
        >>> Hi Herbert,
        >>>
        >>> haven't read your previous message, but have you tried to "clean"
        >>> directly within Word?
        >>>
        >>> Tools / Macros / Macros / tw4winClean.Main / Run?
        >> Splendid - it seems to have worked!
        >
        > Well... it only works in the main story!

        Hi Hans,

        thanks for your helpful replies. In this particular case there wasn't
        much else apart from the main story, and I'm pleased to report that I
        delivered the 100 MB word file (!) via mediafire.com this afternoon 8-)

        Thanks for all the useful help/comments/suggestions.

        Herbert