Re: [dejavu-l] delimiters

  • Karin Montin
    Message 1 of 32 , May 23, 2012
      Just yesterday I downloaded a file called
      DVX_Segmentation_Exceptions_for_Dummies from this group's Files section.
      Here's the explanation for Mr.

      Mr.^w – the abbreviation "Mr." followed by a space. Without
      specification of the space, the .^w rule will take precedence and the
      sentence will be split!

      You entre the exception on Tools > Options > Delimiters.

      Hope that helps,

      Karin

      On 23/05/2012 4:06 AM, ali wrote:
      > Hi everybody
      > I have recently started using DV. I need to learn how to edit segmentation rules. For example i need to add an exception for Dr.
      > Please help me with this issue.
      > Thank you all.

    • Wolfgang Jörissen
      Message 32 of 32 , Sep 3 6:07 PM
        Well, send it over in private and I'll give it a try. If you imported it with a different version than you used for export, then that will be a possible error source.
        Personally, I take the certain for the uncertain and work on an RTF after previously copying all segments source to target and exporting the PDF.

        Wolfgang

        Am 03.09.2014 16:57, schrieb 'Patty' pgzzgzz@... [dejavu-l]:

        Wolfgang or anybody,

        Here I am working again in a PDF-format converted file which I usually do once a month, every month for the same client (US statement of account). Only that today DV doesn’t want to export it at all.

        I’ve done again, checked tags, try it on DVX2.

        Could anybody tell me what am I doing wrong?

        Thanks,