Re: [dejavu-l] Re: dummy - 'go to'

  • Hennie Duits
    Message 1 of 26 , May 6, 2012
      Hi Selcuk,

      Thanks for the help offered. I couldn't get the SQL to work, I probably
      missed something, but Louis Rijk offered a nifty workaround:
      Make an External view, convert the table to tab-del.-text, then, in Word
      F/R - Find ^p[a-z] or ^t[a-z] with Wildcards on, Replace by
      Fonts-Format-Allcaps, and start running through the file.
      (It might take some extra fiddling.)

      Hennie

      Op 6-5-2012 0:26, Selcuk Akyuz schreef:
      > Needs some corrections, sorry!
      >
      > Source segments starting with a Capital Letter:
      > asc(left(Source,2)) between 65 and 90
      >

      > Source segments starting with a Small Letter:
      > asc(left(Source,2)) between 96 and 122
      >

      > Target segments starting with a Capital Letter:
      > asc(left(Target_XXXX,2)) between 65 and 90
      >

      > Target segments starting with a Small Letter:
      > asc(left(Target_XXXX,2)) between 96 and 122
      >
      > I don't know what does "2" stand for in (Source,2) and (Target_XXXX,2) and will appreciate if a SQL guru explains it.
      >
      > Selcuk
      >

      >> --- In dejavu-l@yahoogroups.com, Hennie Duits<he.duits@> wrote:
      >>>
      >>> I'd like to tell DV to 'Go to next target segment, *not* starting with a
      >>> capital'. It seems simple, but I'm too much of a dummy to get it done,
      >>> so would anybody be able to point me in some useful direction?
      >>>
      >>> Hennie
      >>>

      > ------------------------------------

    • Selcuk Akyuz
      Message 2 of 26 , May 6, 2012
        Hi Hennie,

        In Segment Selector (Row Selector), select SQL Statement and in "SQL WHERE Filter Expression" field write:

        asc(left(Source,2)) between 96 and 122

        Then click on Apply button, that is all. Please note that you will have a filtered view and do not forget to return back to All Segments view after making changes in the filtered view.

        Selcuk

        --- In dejavu-l@yahoogroups.com, Hennie Duits <he.duits@...> wrote:

        > Hi Selcuk,
        >
        > Thanks for the help offered. I couldn't get the SQL to work, I probably
        > missed something, but Louis Rijk offered a nifty workaround:
        > Make an External view, convert the table to tab-del.-text, then, in Word
        > F/R - Find ^p[a-z] or ^t[a-z] with Wildcards on, Replace by
        > Fonts-Format-Allcaps, and start running through the file.
        > (It might take some extra fiddling.)
        >
        > Hennie
        >
        > Op 6-5-2012 0:26, Selcuk Akyuz schreef:
        > > Needs some corrections, sorry!
        > >
        > > Source segments starting with a Capital Letter:
        > > asc(left(Source,2)) between 65 and 90
        > >

        > > Source segments starting with a Small Letter:
        > > asc(left(Source,2)) between 96 and 122
        > >

        > > Target segments starting with a Capital Letter:
        > > asc(left(Target_XXXX,2)) between 65 and 90
        > >

        > > Target segments starting with a Small Letter:
        > > asc(left(Target_XXXX,2)) between 96 and 122
        > >
        > > I don't know what does "2" stand for in (Source,2) and (Target_XXXX,2) and will appreciate if a SQL guru explains it.
        > >
        > > Selcuk

        > > ------------------------------------

      • Selcuk Akyuz
        Message 3 of 26 , May 6, 2012
          Just noticed that you were talking about target segments, then you should use this one:

          asc(left(Target_XXXX,2)) between 96 and 122

          Target_XXXX can be used in DVX2 only, if you are using DVX then you should type Target_(Language Code)

          Selcuk

          --- In dejavu-l@yahoogroups.com, Hennie Duits <he.duits@...> wrote:

          > Hi Selcuk,
          >
          > Thanks for the help offered. I couldn't get the SQL to work, I probably
          > missed something, but Louis Rijk offered a nifty workaround:
          > Make an External view, convert the table to tab-del.-text, then, in Word
          > F/R - Find ^p[a-z] or ^t[a-z] with Wildcards on, Replace by
          > Fonts-Format-Allcaps, and start running through the file.
          > (It might take some extra fiddling.)
          >
          > Hennie
        • asaptraduction
          Message 4 of 26 , May 7, 2012
            I'd say that the "left" bit should be left(Source, 1).

            Dave

            Message 5 of 26 , May 7, 2012
              OK, that way (Segment Selector (Row Selector), select SQL Statement
              etc.) it's doing what you said it would! Thank you.

              However, is this text, whether or not to start a segment with a capital
              depends on the text in the previous segment.

              Actually, it probably is a segmentation issue, because most of these
              non-capital segments are single word nouns. In German (source), these
              have a first capital, in Dutch (target), they don't.

              Time to contact the customer, I think.

              Hennie

              Op 7-5-2012 4:31, Selcuk Akyuz schreef:
              > Just noticed that you were talking about target segments, then you should use this one:
              >
              > asc(left(Target_XXXX,2)) between 96 and 122
              >
              > Target_XXXX can be used in DVX2 only, if you are using DVX then you should type Target_(Language Code)
              >
              > Selcuk
              >
              > --- In dejavu-l@yahoogroups.com, Hennie Duits<he.duits@...> wrote:
              >>
              >> Hi Selcuk,
              >>
              >> Thanks for the help offered. I couldn't get the SQL to work, I probably
              >> missed something, but Louis Rijk offered a nifty workaround:
              >> Make an External view, convert the table to tab-del.-text, then, in Word
              >> F/R - Find ^p[a-z] or ^t[a-z] with Wildcards on, Replace by
              >> Fonts-Format-Allcaps, and start running through the file.
              >> (It might take some extra fiddling.)
              >>
              >> Hennie
              >

              > ------------------------------------

            • Selcuk Akyuz
              Message 6 of 26 , May 7, 2012
                After selecting that SQL filter, you can bookmark those segments and switch back to All Segments view. That way you can see them in their context.

                Selcuk

                --- In dejavu-l@yahoogroups.com, Hennie Duits <he.duits@...> wrote:

                > OK, that way (Segment Selector (Row Selector), select SQL Statement
                > etc.) it's doing what you said it would! Thank you.
                >
                > However, is this text, whether or not to start a segment with a capital
                > depends on the text in the previous segment.
                >
                > Actually, it probably is a segmentation issue, because most of these
                > non-capital segments are single word nouns. In German (source), these
                > have a first capital, in Dutch (target), they don't.
                >
                > Time to contact the customer, I think.
                >
                > Hennie
                >
                > Op 7-5-2012 4:31, Selcuk Akyuz schreef:
                > > Just noticed that you were talking about target segments, then you should use this one:
                > >
                > > asc(left(Target_XXXX,2)) between 96 and 122
                > >
                > > Target_XXXX can be used in DVX2 only, if you are using DVX then you should type Target_(Language Code)
                > >
                > > Selcuk
                > >
                > > --- In dejavu-l@yahoogroups.com, Hennie Duits<he.duits@> wrote:
                > >>
                > >> Hi Selcuk,
                > >>
                > >> Thanks for the help offered. I couldn't get the SQL to work, I probably
                > >> missed something, but Louis Rijk offered a nifty workaround:
                > >> Make an External view, convert the table to tab-del.-text, then, in Word
                > >> F/R - Find ^p[a-z] or ^t[a-z] with Wildcards on, Replace by
                > >> Fonts-Format-Allcaps, and start running through the file.
                > >> (It might take some extra fiddling.)
                > >>
                > >> Hennie
                > >

                > > ------------------------------------

              • Selcuk Akyuz
                Message 7 of 26 , May 7, 2012
                  Hi Dave,

                  Actually both work (Source,1) and (Source,2).

                  What does 1 or 2 stand for, do you know?

                  Selcuk

                  Message 8 of 26 , May 7, 2012
                    Selcuk,
                    The 1 or 2 in left(Source, 2) stand for the leftmost 1 or 2 characters in the source.
                    The 1 or 2 in right(Source, 1) stand for the rightmost 1 or 2 characters in the source.
                    Strange it works for both, unless both leftmost characters are uppercase or lowercase.

                    Message 9 of 26 , May 7, 2012
                      Hi Dave,

                      Daniel wrote that ASC command ignores any additional characters and that we can simply write

                      asc(Target_XXXX) between 96 and 122

                      Selcuk

                      --- In dejavu-l@yahoogroups.com, "asaptraduction" <asaptraduction@...> wrote:

                      > Selcuk,
                      > The 1 or 2 in left(Source, 2) stand for the leftmost 1 or 2 characters in the source.
                      > The 1 or 2 in right(Source, 1) stand for the rightmost 1 or 2 characters in the source.
                      > Strange it works for both, unless both leftmost characters are uppercase or lowercase.
                      >
                      > Dave
                      >

                      > --- In dejavu-l@yahoogroups.com, "Selcuk Akyuz" <selcukakyuz@> wrote:
                      >
                      > > Actually both work (Source,1) and (Source,2).
                      > >
                      > > What does 1 or 2 stand for, do you know?

                    • Bob White
                      Message 10 of 26 , May 7, 2012
                        Hi, Selcuk.

                        left('Selcuk',1) = S
                        left('Selcuk',2) = Se
                        left('Selcuk',3) = Sel
                        etc.

                        You need the ' ' with a literal character string. You do *not* need them with a variable name e.g. source, target_1234.

                        When combined with asc, which returns the numeric value of a single character, it should logically be asc(left(source,1)

                        HTH

                        Bob

                        Message 11 of 26 , May 7, 2012
                          Is it possible to bookmark a selection of rows in one go?
                          This is what I did:

                          Run the SQL
                          In the first segment - Esc
                          Shift-End to select all, which also takes me to the last segment
                          Ctrl+B (or Ctrl+F2) - sets a bookmark for the last segment
                          Maybe I'm missing something (again)?

                          Hennie

                          Op 7-5-2012 13:03, Selcuk Akyuz schreef:
                          > After selecting that SQL filter, you can bookmark those segments and switch back to All Segments view. That way you can see them in their context.
                          >
                          > Selcuk
                          >
                          > --- In dejavu-l@yahoogroups.com, Hennie Duits<he.duits@...> wrote:
                          >>
                          >> OK, that way (Segment Selector (Row Selector), select SQL Statement
                          >> etc.) it's doing what you said it would! Thank you.
                          >>
                          >> However, is this text, whether or not to start a segment with a capital
                          >> depends on the text in the previous segment.
                          >>
                          >> Actually, it probably is a segmentation issue, because most of these
                          >> non-capital segments are single word nouns. In German (source), these
                          >> have a first capital, in Dutch (target), they don't.
                          >>
                          >> Time to contact the customer, I think.
                          >>
                          >> Hennie
                          >>
                          >> Op 7-5-2012 4:31, Selcuk Akyuz schreef:
                          >>> Just noticed that you were talking about target segments, then you should use this one:
                          >>>
                          >>> asc(left(Target_XXXX,2)) between 96 and 122
                          >>>
                          >>> Target_XXXX can be used in DVX2 only, if you are using DVX then you should type Target_(Language Code)
                          >>>
                          >>> Selcuk

                          >>> ------------------------------------
                          >>>

                          > ------------------------------------

                        • Selcuk Akyuz
                          Message 12 of 26 , May 7, 2012
                            Under Project Menu > Execute SQL write this SQL command

                            UPDATE Pairs SET Bookmark_XXXX = -1 WHERE Target_XXXX <> '' AND ASC(Target_XXXX) between 96 and 122

                            End then click twice on the Source Language (or Sort Alphabetically) to refresh the view.

                            Selcuk

                            --- In dejavu-l@yahoogroups.com, Hennie Duits <he.duits@...> wrote:

                            > Is it possible to bookmark a selection of rows in one go?
                            > This is what I did:
                            >
                            > Run the SQL
                            > In the first segment - Esc
                            > Shift-End to select all, which also takes me to the last segment
                            > Ctrl+B (or Ctrl+F2) - sets a bookmark for the last segment
                            > Maybe I'm missing something (again)?

                            > Hennie
                            >
                            > Op 7-5-2012 13:03, Selcuk Akyuz schreef:
                            > > After selecting that SQL filter, you can bookmark those segments and switch back to All Segments view. That way you can see them in their context.
                            > >
                            > > Selcuk
                            > >
                            > > --- In dejavu-l@yahoogroups.com, Hennie Duits<he.duits@> wrote:
                            > >>
                            > >> OK, that way (Segment Selector (Row Selector), select SQL Statement
                            > >> etc.) it's doing what you said it would! Thank you.
                            > >>
                            > >> However, is this text, whether or not to start a segment with a capital
                            > >> depends on the text in the previous segment.
                            > >>
                            > >> Actually, it probably is a segmentation issue, because most of these
                            > >> non-capital segments are single word nouns. In German (source), these
                            > >> have a first capital, in Dutch (target), they don't.
                            > >>
                            > >> Time to contact the customer, I think.
                            > >>
                            > >> Hennie

                          • Hennie Duits
                            Message 13 of 26 , May 7, 2012
                              Do you 'compose' SQL's yourself, or did you discover some SQL gold mine?
                              Tanks again!

                              Hennie

                            • Jenny Zonneveld
                              Message 14 of 26 , May 7, 2012
                                Re: [dejavu-l] Re: dummy - 'go to' Thanks Selcuk - I've saved that one too!
                                Never know when it might come in handy

                                Kind regards,
                                Jenny

                                Using:  DVX2 Build 555 WG, working in the grid
                                            Office 2010 (NL)
                                            Windows 7 Pro 64 bit  (ENG)

                              • Selcuk Akyuz
                                Message 15 of 26 , May 7, 2012
                                  I am just a beginner and try to learn something new with the help of all SQL gurus here.

                                • Jenny Zonneveld
                                  Message 16 of 26 , May 7, 2012
                                    Re: [dejavu-l] Re: dummy - 'go to' Hello Selcuk,

                                    I thought of a useful variation on this theme
                                    that would be to bookmark all segments where there is a case mismatch at the start of the segment.

                                    - another challenge for you perhaps!
                                    probably best done with two statements

                                    Monday, May 7, 2012, 10:29:52 PM, dejavu-l@yahoogroups.com wrote:
                                    SA> I am just a beginner and try to learn something new with the help of all SQL gurus here.

                                    SA> Selcuk

                                    SA> --- In dejavu-l@yahoogroups.com, Hennie Duits <he.duits@...> wrote:
                                    >>
                                    >> Do you 'compose' SQL's yourself, or did you discover some SQL gold mine?
                                    >> Tanks again!
                                    >>
                                    >> Hennie
                                    >>

                                    >> Op 7-5-2012 21:28, Selcuk Akyuz schreef:
                                    >> > Under Project Menu> Â Execute SQL write this SQL command
                                    >> >
                                    >> > UPDATE Pairs SET Bookmark_XXXX = -1 WHERE Target_XXXX<> Â '' AND ASC(Target_XXXX) between 96 and 122
                                    >> >
                                    >> > End then click twice on the Source Language (or Sort Alphabetically) to refresh the view.
                                    >> >
                                    >> > Selcuk

                                    >> > ------------------------------------
                                    >> >

                                    SA> ------------------------------------
                                  • Selcuk Akyuz
                                    Message 17 of 26 , May 7, 2012
                                      Hi Jenny,

                                      Let me try it!

                                      UPDATE Pairs SET Bookmark_XXXX = -1 WHERE (Source <> '' AND ASC(Source) between 65 and 90) AND (Target_XXXX <> '' AND ASC(Target_XXXX) between 96 and 122) OR (Source <> '' AND ASC(Source) between 96 and 122) AND (Target_XXXX <> '' AND ASC(Target_XXXX) between 65 and 90)

                                      Normally it should be shorter, e.g.

                                      UPDATE Pairs SET Bookmark_XXXX = -1 WHERE (ASC(Source) between 65 and 90) AND (ASC(Target_XXXX) between 96 and 122) OR (ASC(Source) between 96 and 122) AND (ASC(Target_XXXX) between 65 and 90)

                                      But as you have discovered today at Beta Group, if there are blank target segments this command (or the filter) does not work.

                                      Selcuk

                                      --- In dejavu-l@yahoogroups.com, Jenny Zonneveld <jennyslists@...> wrote:

                                      > Hello Selcuk,
                                      >
                                      > I thought of a useful variation on this theme
                                      > that would be to bookmark all segments where there is a case mismatch at the start of the segment.
                                      >
                                      > - another challenge for you perhaps!
                                      > probably best done with two statements
                                      >
                                      > Kind regards,
                                      > Jenny
                                      >
                                      > Using: DVX2 Build 555 WG, working in the grid
                                      > Office 2010 (NL)
                                      > Windows 7 Pro 64 bit (ENG)

                                    • Jenny Zonneveld
                                      Message 18 of 26 , May 7, 2012
                                        Re: [dejavu-l] Re: dummy - 'go to' Hello Selcuk,

                                        thanks - I'll give it a go!

                                        Monday, May 7, 2012, 11:10:11 PM, dejavu-l@yahoogroups.com wrote:
                                        SA> Hi Jenny,

                                        SA> Let me try it!

                                        SA> UPDATE Pairs SET Bookmark_XXXX = -1 WHERE (Source <> '' AND ASC(Source) between 65
                                        SA> and 90) AND (Target_XXXX <> '' AND ASC(Target_XXXX) between 96 and 122) OR (Source <>
                                        SA> '' AND ASC(Source) between 96 and 122) AND (Target_XXXX <> '' AND ASC(Target_XXXX) between 65 and 90)

                                        SA> Normally it should be shorter, e.g.

                                        SA> UPDATE Pairs SET Bookmark_XXXX = -1 WHERE (ASC(Source) between 65 and 90) AND
                                        SA> (ASC(Target_XXXX) between 96 and 122) OR (ASC(Source) between 96 and 122) AND (ASC(Target_XXXX) between 65 and 90)

                                        SA> But as you have discovered today at Beta Group, if there are blank target segments
                                        SA> this command (or the filter) does not work.

                                        SA> Selcuk

                                        SA> --- In dejavu-l@yahoogroups.com, Jenny Zonneveld <jennyslists@...> wrote:
                                        >>
                                        >> Hello Selcuk,
                                        >>
                                        >> I thought of a useful variation on this theme
                                        >> that would be to bookmark all segments where there is a case mismatch at the start of the segment.
                                        >>
                                        >> - another challenge for you perhaps!
                                        >> probably best done with two statements
                                        >>
                                        >> Kind regards,
                                        >> Jenny
                                        >>
                                        >> Using: Â DVX2 Build 555 WG, working in the grid
                                        >> Â  Â  Â  Â  Â  Â  Office 2010 (NL)
                                        >>   Â  Â  Â  Â  Â  Windows 7 Pro 64 bit  (ENG)
                                        >>

                                        SA> ------------------------------------
                                      • Jenny Zonneveld
                                        Message 19 of 26 , May 7, 2012
                                          Re: [dejavu-l] Re: dummy - 'go to' Hello Selcuk,

                                          Great - it works!
                                          but DVX2 doesn't want to save it for me - the field DVX uses to save it in is not big enough
                                          so I think I'll have to split the statement in two

                                          Kind regards,
                                          Jenny

                                          Using:  DVX2 Build 555 WG, working in the grid
                                                      Office 2010 (NL)
                                                      Windows 7 Pro 64 bit  (ENG)

                                          Monday, May 7, 2012, 11:10:11 PM, dejavu-l@yahoogroups.com wrote:
                                          SA> Hi Jenny,

                                          SA> Let me try it!

                                          SA> UPDATE Pairs SET Bookmark_XXXX = -1 WHERE (Source <> '' AND ASC(Source) between 65
                                          SA> and 90) AND (Target_XXXX <> '' AND ASC(Target_XXXX) between 96 and 122) OR (Source <>
                                          SA> '' AND ASC(Source) between 96 and 122) AND (Target_XXXX <> '' AND ASC(Target_XXXX) between 65 and 90)

                                          SA> Normally it should be shorter, e.g.

                                          SA> UPDATE Pairs SET Bookmark_XXXX = -1 WHERE (ASC(Source) between 65 and 90) AND
                                          SA> (ASC(Target_XXXX) between 96 and 122) OR (ASC(Source) between 96 and 122) AND (ASC(Target_XXXX) between 65 and 90)

                                          SA> But as you have discovered today at Beta Group, if there are blank target segments
                                          SA> this command (or the filter) does not work.

                                          SA> Selcuk

                                          SA> --- In dejavu-l@yahoogroups.com, Jenny Zonneveld <jennyslists@...> wrote:
                                          >>
                                          >> Hello Selcuk,
                                          >>
                                          >> I thought of a useful variation on this theme
                                          >> that would be to bookmark all segments where there is a case mismatch at the start of the segment.
                                          >>
                                          >> - another challenge for you perhaps!
                                          >> probably best done with two statements
                                          >>
                                          >> Kind regards,
                                          >> Jenny
                                          >>
                                          >> Using: Â DVX2 Build 555 WG, working in the grid
                                          >> Â  Â  Â  Â  Â  Â  Office 2010 (NL)
                                          >>   Â  Â  Â  Â  Â  Windows 7 Pro 64 bit  (ENG)
                                          >>

                                          SA> ------------------------------------
                                        • Selcuk Akyuz
                                          Message 20 of 26 , May 7, 2012
                                            A beginner always makes mistakes! It should be "97 and 122" not "96 and 122" See http://www.asciitable.com/

                                            Moreover, "65 and 90" and "97 and 122" are ASCII characters, so these filters and commands will not work for characters not included in the ASCI table. Any opinions to solve it?

                                            Selcuk

                                            --- In dejavu-l@yahoogroups.com, "Selcuk Akyuz" <selcukakyuz@...> wrote:

                                            > Hi Jenny,
                                            >
                                            > Let me try it!
                                            >
                                            > UPDATE Pairs SET Bookmark_XXXX = -1 WHERE (Source <> '' AND ASC(Source) between 65 and 90) AND (Target_XXXX <> '' AND ASC(Target_XXXX) between 96 and 122) OR (Source <> '' AND ASC(Source) between 96 and 122) AND (Target_XXXX <> '' AND ASC(Target_XXXX) between 65 and 90)
                                            >

                                            > Normally it should be shorter, e.g.
                                            >
                                            > UPDATE Pairs SET Bookmark_XXXX = -1 WHERE (ASC(Source) between 65 and 90) AND (ASC(Target_XXXX) between 96 and 122) OR (ASC(Source) between 96 and 122) AND (ASC(Target_XXXX) between 65 and 90)
                                            >
                                            > But as you have discovered today at Beta Group, if there are blank target segments this command (or the filter) does not work.
                                            >
                                            > Selcuk
                                            >
                                            > --- In dejavu-l@yahoogroups.com, Jenny Zonneveld <jennyslists@> wrote:
                                            > >
                                            > > Hello Selcuk,
                                            > >
                                            > > I thought of a useful variation on this theme
                                            > > that would be to bookmark all segments where there is a case mismatch at the start of the segment.
                                            > >
                                            > > - another challenge for you perhaps!
                                            > > probably best done with two statements
                                            > >
                                            > > Kind regards,
                                            > > Jenny
                                            > >
                                            > > Using: DVX2 Build 555 WG, working in the grid
                                            > > Office 2010 (NL)
                                            > > Windows 7 Pro 64 bit (ENG)

                                          • Jenny Zonneveld
                                            Message 21 of 26 , May 7, 2012
                                              Re: [dejavu-l] Re: dummy - 'go to' Hi Selcuk - here they are.

                                              UPDATE Pairs SET Bookmark_XXXX = -1 WHERE (Source <> '' AND ASC(Source) between 65 and 90) AND (Target_XXXX <> '' AND ASC(Target_XXXX) between 96 and 122)

                                              UPDATE Pairs SET Bookmark_XXXX = -1 WHERE (Source <> '' AND ASC(Source) between 96 and 122) AND (Target_XXXX <> '' AND ASC(Target_XXXX) between 65 and 90)

                                              Kind regards,
                                              Jenny

                                              Using:  DVX2 Build 555 WG, working in the grid
                                                          Office 2010 (NL)
                                                          Windows 7 Pro 64 bit  (ENG)

                                              Monday, May 7, 2012, 11:27:52 PM, dejavu-l@yahoogroups.com wrote:

                                              Hello Selcuk,

                                              Great - it works!
                                              but DVX2 doesn't want to save it for me - the field DVX uses to save it in is not big enough
                                              so I think I'll have to split the statement in two

                                              Kind regards,
                                              Jenny

                                              Using:  DVX2 Build 555 WG, working in the grid
                                                          Office 2010 (NL)
                                                          Windows 7 Pro 64 bit  (ENG)

                                              Monday, May 7, 2012, 11:10:11 PM, dejavu-l@yahoogroups.com wrote:
                                              SA> Hi Jenny,

                                              SA> Let me try it!

                                              SA> UPDATE Pairs SET Bookmark_XXXX = -1 WHERE (Source <> '' AND ASC(Source) between 65
                                              SA> and 90) AND (Target_XXXX <> '' AND ASC(Target_XXXX) between 96 and 122) OR (Source <>
                                              SA> '' AND ASC(Source) between 96 and 122) AND (Target_XXXX <> '' AND ASC(Target_XXXX) between 65 and 90)

                                              SA> Normally it should be shorter, e.g.

                                              SA> UPDATE Pairs SET Bookmark_XXXX = -1 WHERE (ASC(Source) between 65 and 90) AND
                                              SA> (ASC(Target_XXXX) between 96 and 122) OR (ASC(Source) between 96 and 122) AND (ASC(Target_XXXX) between 65 and 90)

                                              SA> But as you have discovered today at Beta Group, if there are blank target segments
                                              SA> this command (or the filter) does not work.

                                              SA> Selcuk

                                              SA> --- In dejavu-l@yahoogroups.com, Jenny Zonneveld <jennyslists@...> wrote:
                                              >>
                                              >> Hello Selcuk,
                                              >>
                                              >> I thought of a useful variation on this theme
                                              >> that would be to bookmark all segments where there is a case mismatch at the start of the segment.
                                              >>
                                              >> - another challenge for you perhaps!
                                              >> probably best done with two statements
                                              >>
                                              >> Kind regards,
                                              >> Jenny
                                              >>
                                              >> Using: Â DVX2 Build 555 WG, working in the grid
                                              >> Â  Â  Â  Â  Â  Â  Office 2010 (NL)
                                              >>   Â  Â  Â  Â  Â  Windows 7 Pro 64 bit  (ENG)
                                              >>

                                              SA> ------------------------------------

                                            • Selcuk Akyuz
                                              Message 22 of 26 , May 7, 2012
                                                We should ask it in the Beta Group then. I was not aware of the character limitations.

                                                Selcuk

                                                --- In dejavu-l@yahoogroups.com, Jenny Zonneveld <jennyslists@...> wrote:

                                                > Hello Selcuk,
                                                >
                                                > Great - it works!
                                                > but DVX2 doesn't want to save it for me - the field DVX uses to save it in is not big enough
                                                > so I think I'll have to split the statement in two
                                                >
                                                > Kind regards,
                                                > Jenny
                                                >
                                                > Using: DVX2 Build 555 WG, working in the grid
                                                > Office 2010 (NL)
                                                > Windows 7 Pro 64 bit (ENG)
                                                >
                                                > Monday, May 7, 2012, 11:10:11 PM, dejavu-l@yahoogroups.com wrote:
                                                > SA> Hi Jenny,

                                              • Selcuk Akyuz
                                                Message 23 of 26 , May 7, 2012
                                                  Maximum 255 characters allowed for SQL Field name because its Data Type is "Text". It is possible to open the Settings file and change Data Type to "Memo" but it may have undesired results.

                                                  Selcuk