Re: Correction RE: [dejavu-l] Re: DVX - Not getting any input from terminology or memory

  • Karin Montin
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 28 5:59 AM
      Also, for varieties of English, you get terms and segments from projects
      using varieties different from the one defined for the current project.
      My termbase is a combo. Why is it different with Spanish, I wonder?

      Karin

      On 28/04/2012 2:49 AM, Thomas Leg (1&1) wrote:

      > Hi Mario,
      >
      > your point 1 is not entirely correct.
      >
      > re. 1.) DVX2 allows you to choose 5 DVMDBs and 5 DVTDBs!

    • britinswe
      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 28 1:20 PM
        Mario

        Point not actually correct.

        DVX2 allows the user to attach up to 5 TMs, and 5 Termbases.

        Gives much more flexibility than before!

        Brian

        --- In dejavu-l@yahoogroups.com, "classytranslator" <chavez.espanish@...> wrote:

        > Humberto,
        >
        > That has happened to me before. Some causes and solutions:
        >
        > 1) DVX2 and DVX only allow you to select up to 2 (TWO) translation memories and 2 (TWO) termbases for a given project. Make sure you pick any two.
        > 2) When you select a TM or termbase for a freshly created project, make sure you navigate to the actual location of the TM or termbase.
        > 3) If you use Spanish in your translation projects on DVX2, make sure you use the right variant and stick to it. For example, if you create a project for Spain-Spanish, your TM and termbase must be so configured. Otherwise, you have to re-create your TM and termbase with the language variant matching your project (or vice versa).
        >
        > Good luck!
        >
        > Mario Chávez, Spanish translator
        >

        > --- In dejavu-l@yahoogroups.com, "Humberto Banos" <hbanos@> wrote:
        > >
        > > Surely,this question is at an elementary level but that is my knowledge level of DVX. On recent translations, I notice that seldom appears any input on the right hand side column, from the memory that I have accumulated from many former translations. I make a point of selecting the memory and terminology database that I use for practically all my translations.
        > > I am requesting the assistance of the colleagues. What am I doing wrong when setting up a new project or, in general, when using my (7.5.335) DVX?
        > >
        > > Many thanks in advance
        > >
        > > Humberto Banos

      • classytranslator
        Message 3 of 8 , Apr 29 6:25 AM
          Fellas,

          I stand corrected. DVX2 allows up to 5 MDB and 5 TMB per project. Still, my other points are still valid for consideration.

          DVX2 is still very weak on the InDesign CS5 (IDML) filter, though (a side comment). I get better results with the IDML filter in DVX.

          Mario Chávez, Spanish translator + DTP tinkerer

          --- In dejavu-l@yahoogroups.com, "britinswe" <brt@...> wrote:

          > Mario
          >
          > Point not actually correct.
          >
          > DVX2 allows the user to attach up to 5 TMs, and 5 Termbases.
          >
          > Gives much more flexibility than before!
          >
          > Brian
          >
          > --- In dejavu-l@yahoogroups.com, "classytranslator" <chavez.espanish@> wrote:
          > >
          > > Humberto,
          > >
          > > That has happened to me before. Some causes and solutions:
          > >
          > > 1) DVX2 and DVX only allow you to select up to 2 (TWO) translation memories and 2 (TWO) termbases for a given project. Make sure you pick any two.
          > > 2) When you select a TM or termbase for a freshly created project, make sure you navigate to the actual location of the TM or termbase.
          > > 3) If you use Spanish in your translation projects on DVX2, make sure you use the right variant and stick to it. For example, if you create a project for Spain-Spanish, your TM and termbase must be so configured. Otherwise, you have to re-create your TM and termbase with the language variant matching your project (or vice versa).
          > >
          > > Good luck!
          > >
          > > Mario Chávez, Spanish translator
          > >

          > > --- In dejavu-l@yahoogroups.com, "Humberto Banos" <hbanos@> wrote:
          > > >
          > > > Surely,this question is at an elementary level but that is my knowledge level of DVX. On recent translations, I notice that seldom appears any input on the right hand side column, from the memory that I have accumulated from many former translations. I make a point of selecting the memory and terminology database that I use for practically all my translations.
          > > > I am requesting the assistance of the colleagues. What am I doing wrong when setting up a new project or, in general, when using my (7.5.335) DVX?
          > > >
          > > > Many thanks in advance
          > > >
          > > > Humberto Banos

        • Humberto Banos
          Message 4 of 8 , Apr 30 6:18 AM
            Thank you Mario and Bob for your tips. I haven't checked them yet but I will.

            Humberto Banos