Re: DVX can't import Word 2003 files through Word 2010 correctly

  • hello307
    Message 1 of 16 , Apr 24 1:28 PM
      Hi Lorenzo!

      Just a wild thought: What if I first open the desired version of Word and let it run in background and then start DVX? Will it import from and export to the right Word?

      Chaoliang

      --- In dejavu-l@yahoogroups.com, Lorenzo Martinelli * <lnzlists@...> wrote:

      > You can't
      >
      > DVX will use the version registered by Windows.

      > On 24/04/2012 11:22, hello307 wrote:
      > > Hi, Gudmund!
      > >
      > > How I can tell DVX 1 to import from Word 2003 or 2010? Or does it do it choose automatically the right version in backgroud? If I have one doc file and one docx file, how can I tell which version of word did DVX 1 use for importing/exporting?
      > > Sorry for so many questions at one time. I searched last night for tipps about paralle installations. It seems to be no bis issue. But I'm not sure how DVX 1 will behave in this environment. GG said in the last used version of Office will be used by DVX. That could make everything even more complicated...
      > >
      > > Regards,
      > > Chaoliang
      > >
      > > --- In dejavu-l@yahoogroups.com, Gudmund Areskoug<gudmundpublic@> wrote:

      > >> FWIW, I have both the old Word 2003 and Word 2007 installed, and haven't
      > >> had any problems with the old DVX1 using Word 2003 for importing .doc files.
      > >>
      > >> Depending on your license situation, you might consider having both
      > >> installed in parallel.
      > >>
      > >> There is advice to be found on how to make them coexist optimally (i.e.
      > >> not just taking turns in being "the standard" MS Word application and
      > >> running new "installations" each time you start the other version after
      > >> having run the first).
      > >>
      > >> BR,
      > >> Gudmund
      > >> --
      > >> This message and any replies to it is scanned by http://www.fra.se
      > >> Please direct any complaints about this to them.
      > >>

      > > ------------------------------------
      > >

      > --
      > Lorenzo Martinelli, MITIA
      > Italian Translations -- Words you can rely on
      > http://www.italianwords.co.uk -- http://www.martinelli.co.uk

    • Jenny Zonneveld
      Message 2 of 16 , Apr 24 1:32 PM
        Re: [dejavu-l] Re: DVX can't import Word 2003 files through Word 2010 correctly Just open your document in the desired version of word - make sure it's running properly, then close it.

        Kind regards,
        Jenny

        Using:  DVX2 Build 533 WG, working in the grid
                    Office 2010 (NL)
                    Windows 7 Pro 64 bit  (ENG)

        Tuesday, April 24, 2012, 10:28:16 PM, dejavu-l@yahoogroups.com wrote:
        h> Hi Lorenzo!

        h> Just a wild thought: What if I first open the desired version of Word and let it run
        h> in background and then start DVX? Will it import from and export to the right Word?

        h> Chaoliang

        h> --- In dejavu-l@yahoogroups.com, Lorenzo Martinelli * <lnzlists@...> wrote:

        >> You can't
        >>
        >> DVX will use the version registered by Windows.

        >> On 24/04/2012 11:22, hello307 wrote:
        >> > Hi, Gudmund!
        >> >
        >> > How I can tell DVX 1 to import from Word 2003 or 2010? Or does it do it choose automatically the right version in backgroud? If I have one doc file and one docx file, how can I tell which version of word did DVX 1 use for importing/exporting?
        >> > Sorry for so many questions at one time. I searched last night for tipps about paralle installations. It seems to be no bis issue. But I'm not sure how DVX 1 will behave in this environment. GG said in the last used version of Office will be used by DVX. That could make everything even more complicated...
        >> >
        >> > Regards,
        >> > Chaoliang

        >> > ------------------------------------
        >> >

        >> --
        >> Â  Â  Â  Â  Â  Â  Â  Â  Lorenzo Martinelli, MITIA
        >> Â  Â  Â  Â  Italian Translations -- Words you can rely on
        >> Â  http://www.italianwords.co.uk -- http://www.martinelli.co.uk

      • hello307
        Message 3 of 16 , Apr 24 1:44 PM
          Hi Gudmund!

          Thank you for the links, especially the Microsoft one. I'll try it when I have some time. I'm really curious.
          Cheers,