Re: [dejavu-l] Re: to speed up DVX2

  • Jenny Zonneveld
    Message 1 of 34 , Apr 22 11:44 PM
      Re: [dejavu-l] Re: to speed up DVX2 Hello Hennie,

      you can also uncheck the deepminer options for speed considerations.
      you may also find the 'consolidate duplicates' option in the TM menu helps to tidy your TM and speed things up too.

      Kind regards,
      Jenny

      Using:  DVX2 Build 533 WG, working in the grid
                  Office 2010 (NL)
                  Windows 7 Pro 64 bit  (ENG)

      Monday, April 23, 2012, 1:28:20 AM, dejavu-l@yahoogroups.com wrote:
      HD> I'd like to have DVX2 as lean (and *quick*) as possible, because now,
      HD> assembling frequently takes 3 - 5 -seconds per segment (and more with
      HD> longer segments), and since my present job is about 40K segments this
      HD> could save some time).
      HD> For the time being/this job, I'm back to DV3 - assembling
      HD> *instantanious* ;-).
      HD> With an average of 4 waiting seconds per segment, DV3 saves me roughly a
      HD> week of plain waiting.

      HD> Hennie

      HD> Op 23-4-2012 0:34, alfredochicote schreef:
      >> Hi,
      >>
      >> If you mean the AutoWrite function, there are two ways:
      >>
      >> 1) In Tools> Â Options> Â Environment Tab> Â uncheck AutoWrite
      >>
      >> 2) At the bottom of the grid on the rightish side next to the location numbers there are five small icons. The first one on the left allows you to switch AutoWrite on and off.
      >>
      >> Why would you want to turn it off?
      >>
      >> Regds,
      >> Alfredo
      >>
      >> --- In dejavu-l@yahoogroups.com, Hennie Duits<he.duits@...> Â wrote:
      >>>
      >>> Is it possible to switch off the pop-up's suggesting word translations?
      >>> If so, where?
      >>>
      >>> Hennie
      >>>

      >> ------------------------------------
      >>

      HD> ------------------------------------
    • Gudmund Areskoug
      Message 34 of 34 , Apr 25 1:24 PM
        On 2012-04-25 22:08, classytranslator wrote:
        > SSD? Go ahead, makes us envious, won't you? :))

        Sure, ready to oblige! ;)

        Seriously, since you don't really need a huge = prohibitively expensive
        one to do this, it is within reach for most of us.

        Just do the numbers on what needs to be (or what you just want to be) on
        that particular disk:

        Need:
        - DV
        - The *current* project files
        - The MDBs and TDBs you *currently* use.

        Want:
        - Reference material you want to be able to get *fast* search results from
        - The OS
        - Certain key applications you don't want to wait for to start
        - Any data you want quick access and load-to-RAM for.

        If you restrict things to what you *currently* need, you can actually
        get very low in the space requirements.

        It can also foster some nice file and backup discipline, since you would
        want to back things up from the SSD. Because *If* (when) they fail,
        chances for data recovery are slim.

        And then there's the even faster RAM-disk alternative, that may be
        perceived as, well more volatile ;)

        BR,
        Gudmund
        --
        This message and any replies to it is scanned by http://www.fra.se
        Please direct any complaints about this to them.