to speed up DVX2
- On 2012-04-25 22:08, classytranslator wrote:
> SSD? Go ahead, makes us envious, won't you? :))Sure, ready to oblige! ;)
Seriously, since you don't really need a huge = prohibitively expensive
one to do this, it is within reach for most of us.
Just do the numbers on what needs to be (or what you just want to be) on
that particular disk:
- The *current* project files
- The MDBs and TDBs you *currently* use.
- Reference material you want to be able to get *fast* search results from
- The OS
- Certain key applications you don't want to wait for to start
- Any data you want quick access and load-to-RAM for.
If you restrict things to what you *currently* need, you can actually
get very low in the space requirements.
It can also foster some nice file and backup discipline, since you would
want to back things up from the SSD. Because *If* (when) they fail,
chances for data recovery are slim.
And then there's the even faster RAM-disk alternative, that may be
perceived as, well more volatile ;)
This message and any replies to it is scanned by http://www.fra.se
Please direct any complaints about this to them.