Re: [dejavu-l] ™ export to Trados

  • Hector D Calabia
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 22 12:45 PM
      On Sun, Apr 22, 2012 at 6:36 PM, Harry Spruit <techtrans@...> wrote:

      OK, thanks Hector. I didn't know there was such a differences in handling codes. I thought there was much more behind the numbers in curly brackets in DVX, like there actually is in Trados. Then I have to do a lot of copying and pasting in TagEditor, I'm afraid

      Well, DVX handles TagEditor files quite well. To have a complete Trados-friendly workflow you should do this:

      1. Segment the original file using TagEditor (using any Trados memory you need), including "empty segments" (segments with no memory).

      2. Import the bilingual ttx file into DVX.

      3. Translate in DVX.

      4. Export the translation to TTX.

      5. Open the file in TagEditor and clean it there, updating the Trados memory.

      Quite simple, and no copy and pasting of any codes is necessary.

      Best,

      Hector C.

    • Harry Spruit
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 23 2:02 AM
        I never thought if segmenting in TagEditor. I always used Workbench with the Translate option for it. I'm going to dee what it brings.

        Harry Spruit

        Op 22 apr. 2012, om 21:45 heeft Hector D Calabia het volgende geschreven: