Re: Mismatch identifying duplicates

  • britinswe
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 22 11:49 AM
      <1. Are there really *no* differences, not even codes, figures, commas, spaces, periods, accents and what have you, and they're still not recognized as duplicates?<

      Correct no differences that is what I believe. That is why I belive there are errors in Duplicvate identification via the segment selector.

      <2.Been there too. Once others, especially Atril began seeing the same problem(s) I had reported, they started getting fixed.<
      That's why I am saying this is not a rational system, too much energy required to get through. Atril receive reports via the online system, and also hopefully from beta testers on this list.

      < 3. I think I did get you right. What I meant is that it is better not to give false hope than to act as if all this fine feedback actually works, only to leave it unfulfilled.<
      Again I disagree your solution of removing the little info we receive is a clear step backwards. It does not lead to progress. The important thing is they use the information, or at least collect information that allows them to start fixing bugs.

      It would be OK if there were only a few bugs, but I have experienced more than a few.

      You and others have said the info is used. Convince me please.

      But you do seem to be wavering a little in the belief that it "actually works" viz:
      <What I meant is that it is better not to give false hope than to act as if all this fine feedback actually works, only to leave it unfulfilled<

      In addition, you don't comment on a user log saved locally to help users.

      So Gudmund, I have put more than a little energy into this, you too in responding, but what have we actually achieved? How much closer have we got to Atril waking up and doing something about the whole bug reporting system.

      Perhaps I have to set up my own web list of bugs which other users might find helpful, and could add to if and when. But at this moment I'm too busy.

      Brian