Integrated Code Zapper

  • Maurice Tszorf
    Message 1 of 17 , Apr 21 12:28 AM
      Hi,

      Just imported a short text and ran it through the DVX2 integrated CodeZapper before I did.

      The file came out with plenty of superfluous codes.

      I deleted it, ran the original file through CodeZapper in Word (only CZL), re-imported, and it's practically code free.

      What is the difference between the two?
      Actually, I am always surprised at the brevity of the delay before import, when I select CodeZapper in the Project Explorer.
      CodeZapper runs in Word always take longer.

      Cheers,
      Maurice

      --
      Tszorf Translations
      Maurice Tszorf

      'If you are losing faith in human nature,
      go out and watch a marathon.'

                                -- Kathrine Switzer

    • Björn Olofsson
      Message 2 of 17 , Apr 24 2:03 AM

        I need to import a large number of files. I want to run CodeZapper on all of them

        Du I have to set this in Properties for each file separately, or is there a better way?

        Best regards

        Björn

        _________________________

        Björn Olofsson/Tecnita AB

        cid:890592908@08062010-2F8C

        www.tecnita.se

        Tel / Fax: +46 (0)21 80 46 78

        bjorn@...

        ____________________

        www.tecnita.se

      • Jenny Zonneveld
        Message 3 of 17 , Apr 24 2:11 AM
          Re: [dejavu-l] Code Zapper in batch? Hello Björn,

          before you add the files into your project, set the filter options for that file type to run codezapper.
          then add the files to your project (check a few files to see that 'run codezapper' is checked)
          then import

          to set the filter options for your project, go to the filters tab in the project properties window.

          to set the filter options for all projects (in your case you will then subsequently have to create a new project) use the filters tab in the options window you will find under Tools.

          Kind regards,
          Jenny

          Using:  DVX2 Build 533 WG, working in the grid
                      Office 2010 (NL)
                      Windows 7 Pro 64 bit  (ENG)

          Tuesday, April 24, 2012, 11:03:56 AM, dejavu-l@yahoogroups.com wrote:

          I need to import a large number of files. I want to run CodeZapper on all of them

          Du I have to set this in Properties for each file separately, or is there a better way?

          Best regards

          Björn

          _________________________

          Björn Olofsson/Tecnita AB

          www.tecnita.se

          Tel / Fax: +46 (0)21 80 46 78

          bjorn@...

          ____________________

          www.tecnita.se

        • Grzegorz Gryc
          Message 4 of 17 , Apr 24 2:12 AM
            Hello Björn,

            Tuesday, April 24, 2012, 11:03:56 AM, you wrote:

            > I need to import a large number of files. I want to run CodeZapper
            > on all of them
            > Du I have to set this in Properties for each file separately, or is
            > there a better way?

            You can select multiple files (e.g. in the Project Explorer or in the
            project creation wizard) and do it once.

            It works well if you don't have complex folder structure.
            For this kind of multiple folders, I often open the dvprj file in MS
            Access and define the filter settings manually.

            You can also set the option globally, i.e Tools, Options, Filters,
            select your file type, click on the setting button (...) and select
            the option you want.

            Cheers
            GG
          • Grzegorz Gryc
            Message 5 of 17 , Apr 24 2:13 AM
              Hi

              Tuesday, April 24, 2012, 11:12:14 AM, you wrote:

              (...)

              > You can also set the option globally, i.e Tools, Options, Filters,
              > select your file type, click on the setting button (...) and select
              > the option you want.

              Of course, you should do it BEFORE you import the files.

              Cheers
              GG
            • Björn Olofsson
              Message 6 of 17 , Apr 24 4:00 AM
                Re: [dejavu-l] Code Zapper in batch?

                This is strange. I can set the filter for docx just the way you describe it Jenny, but as soon as I click OK and close the filter setting window, DVX2 forgets the settings. If I open the filter tab again, CodeZapper is not checked any more.

                Grzegorz – multiple files cannot be selected in Project Explorer or in the project creation wizard – only one at a time.

                Björn

                _________________________

                Message 7 of 17 , Apr 24 4:04 AM
                  Hi

                  (...)

                  > Grzegorz – multiple files cannot be selected in Project Explorer or
                  > in the project creation wizard – only one at a time.

                  No, you can do it.

                  E.g. hold Ctrl and click the files you want.
                  You can also use Shift and select the first and the last file,

                  Cheers
                  GG
                • Jenny Zonneveld

                    Message 9 of 17 , Apr 24 4:19 AM
                      It seems to work in Advanced Project Explorer! Thanks Grzegorz!

                      Björn

                      _________________________

                      Björn Olofsson/Tecnita AB

                      www.tecnita.se

                      Tel / Fax: +46 (0)21 80 46 78

                      bjorn@...

                      ____________________

                      www.tecnita.se

                      Message 10 of 17 , Apr 24 4:26 AM
                        Re: SV: SV: [dejavu-l] Code Zapper in batch? Hello Björn,

                        I understand you've got it to work?
                        Otherwise I would suggest changing the global setting for the filter and then creating a new project.

                        I think I know what the problem is - you have to click the 'replace' button to actually update the filter settings - closing the filter options window with OK is not sufficient.

                        Tuesday, April 24, 2012, 1:19:25 PM, dejavu-l@yahoogroups.com wrote:
                        BO> It seems to work in Advanced Project Explorer! Thanks Grzegorz!

                        BO> Björn

                        BO> _________________________
                        BO>
                        BO> Björn Olofsson/Tecnita AB
                        BO>

                        BO> www.tecnita.se
                        BO>
                        BO> Tel / Fax: +46 (0)21 80 46 78
                        BO>
                        BO> bjorn@...

                        BO> ____________________

                        BO> www.tecnita.se

                      • Björn Olofsson
                        Message 11 of 17 , Apr 24 5:20 AM
                          Re: SV: SV: [dejavu-l] Code Zapper in batch?

                          Thanks Jenny – now I see how it works. Having to click Replace is not totally obvious …

                          Yeah, the immediate problem was solved with Grzegorz tip, but your solution will be the best in the long run. After all, almost all docx files need CodeZapper!

                          Thanks my friends!

                          Björn

                          _________________________

                          Björn Olofsson/Tecnita AB

                          cid:890592908@08062010-2F8C

                          www.tecnita.se

                          Tel / Fax: +46 (0)21 80 46 78

                          bjorn@...

                          ____________________

                          www.tecnita.se

                          Otherwise I would suggest changing the global setting for the filter and then creating a new project.

                          I think I know what the problem is - you have to click the 'replace' button to actually update the filter settings - closing the filter options window with OK is not sufficient.

                          Kind regards,
                          Jenny

                          Using:  DVX2 Build 533 WG, working in the grid
                                      Office 2010 (NL)
                                      Windows 7 Pro 64 bit  (ENG)

                          Tuesday, April 24, 2012, 1:19:25 PM, dejavu-l@yahoogroups.com wrote:
                          BO> It seems to work in Advanced Project Explorer! Thanks Grzegorz!

                          BO> Björn

                          BO> _________________________
                          BO>
                          BO> Björn Olofsson/Tecnita AB
                          BO>

                          BO> www.tecnita.se
                          BO>
                          BO> Tel / Fax: +46 (0)21 80 46 78
                          BO>
                          BO> bjorn@...

                          BO> ____________________

                          BO> www.tecnita.se

                        • Jenny Zonneveld

                            Otherwise I would suggest changing the global setting for the filter and then creating a new project.

                            I think I know what the problem is - you have to click the 'replace' button to actually update the filter settings - closing the filter options window with OK is not sufficient.

                            Kind regards,
                            Jenny

                            Using:  DVX2 Build 533 WG, working in the grid
                                        Office 2010 (NL)
                                        Windows 7 Pro 64 bit  (ENG)

                            Tuesday, April 24, 2012, 1:19:25 PM, dejavu-l@yahoogroups.com wrote:
                            BO> It seems to work in Advanced Project Explorer! Thanks Grzegorz!

                            BO> Björn

                            BO> _________________________
                            BO>
                            BO> Björn Olofsson/Tecnita AB
                            BO>

                            BO> www.tecnita.se
                            BO>
                            BO> Tel / Fax: +46 (0)21 80 46 78
                            BO>
                            BO> bjorn@...

                            BO> www.tecnita.se

                          • Michelle Asselin

                                    Message 17 of 17 , Apr 24 6:41 AM

                                      Sometimes a logo in the signature of a mail gets converted to an attached file somewhere in the process.

                                      Björn