Re: [dejavu-l] export database for current project

  • Gudmund Areskoug
    Message 1 of 10 , Apr 18 11:25 PM
      On 2012-04-18 20:10, arsenrosen wrote:
      > Hi, is there a simple way to export database records for the current project? \i think there was such an option in previous versions of DV(X). Thanks! Alexandr

      IMO the simplest way is to create a new MDB and just send the whole
      project there.

      BR,
      Gudmund
      --
      This message and any replies to it is scanned by http://www.fra.se
      Please direct any complaints about this to them.
      Message 2 of 10 , Apr 18 11:28 PM
        On 2012-04-18 20:10, arsenrosen wrote:
        > Hi, is there a simple way to export database records for the current project? \i think there was such an option in previous versions of DV(X). Thanks! Alexandr

        Forgot: the option you're thinking of is probably "Export subset...".
        But that feature exports *all* database entries that DV found *might* be
        relevant to the current project.

        I.e. lots of stuff from other projects too, if there are similarities.
        Not just stuff from the current project.

        It is worth taking a minute to think about confidentiality and other
        unintended consequences.

        Exporting using PRJID includes portions you sent to MDB during the
        course of translation, which of course sending the whole project to a
        new MDB doesn't.

        BR,
        Gudmund
        --
        This message and any replies to it is scanned by http://www.fra.se
        Please direct any complaints about this to them.
      • arsenrosen
        Message 3 of 10 , Apr 19 2:09 PM
          Thanks a lot fo your help!

          In the meantime, I found that the feature "Export TM/TB Subset" is not available in DVX2 Pro, only in DVX2 Workgroup.

          Alexandr

          Message 4 of 10 , Apr 20 2:10 AM
            On 2012-04-19 23:09, arsenrosen wrote:
            > Thanks a lot fo your help!
            >
            > In the meantime, I found that the feature "Export TM/TB Subset" is not available in DVX2 Pro, only in DVX2 Workgroup.

            Are your sure? With the project file open, don't you have File > Export
            > Subset of Translation Memory... and > Subset of Termbase...?

            BR,
            Gudmund
            --
            This message and any replies to it is scanned by http://www.fra.se
            Please direct any complaints about this to them.
          • Peter Spitz
            Message 5 of 10 , Apr 20 3:03 AM
              Gudmund Areskoug wrote:
              > On 2012-04-19 23:09, arsenrosen wrote:
              >> Thanks a lot fo your help!
              >>
              >> In the meantime, I found that the feature "Export TM/TB Subset" is not available in DVX2 Pro, only in DVX2 Workgroup.
              >
              > Are your sure? With the project file open, don't you have File> Export
              > > Subset of Translation Memory... and> Subset of Termbase...?

              *.dvsat projects do not include these options in DVX2Pro.

              HIH
              Peter
              Peter Spitz · Oversættelser dansk>tysk
              Drosselvej 53F · DK-2000 Frederiksberg
              Tel +45 38192513
              Mailto: p-spitz@...
              Links: http://www.p-spitz.dk/
              Skype: Peter Spitz
            • Gudmund Areskoug
              Message 6 of 10 , Apr 20 4:08 AM
                On 2012-04-20 12:03, Peter Spitz wrote:
                > Gudmund Areskoug wrote:
                >> On 2012-04-19 23:09, arsenrosen wrote:
                >>> Thanks a lot fo your help!
                >>>
                >>> In the meantime, I found that the feature "Export TM/TB Subset" is not available in DVX2 Pro, only in DVX2 Workgroup.
                >>
                >> Are your sure? With the project file open, don't you have File> Export
                >> > Subset of Translation Memory... and> Subset of Termbase...?
                >
                > *.dvsat projects do not include these options in DVX2Pro.

                OK, that's a special situation then. It wouldn't work anyway if the
                satellites don't contain any databases.

                BR,
                Gudmund
                --
                This message and any replies to it is scanned by http://www.fra.se
                Please direct any complaints about this to them.
              • Janine
                Message 7 of 10 , Apr 20 4:21 AM
                  No, I don't think this is a special situation. In a normal project in
                  DVX2 Pro there is no
                  File > Export > Subset of Translation Memory... and > Subset of Termbase...

                  Groeten,
                  Janine

                  Op 20-4-2012 13:08, Gudmund Areskoug schreef:
                  > > *.dvsat projects do not include these options in DVX2Pro.
                  >
                  > OK, that's a special situation then. It wouldn't work anyway if the
                  > satellites don't contain any databases.
                  >
                  > BR,
                  > Gudmund
                • Gudmund Areskoug
                  Message 8 of 10 , Apr 20 5:16 AM
                    On 2012-04-20 13:21, Janine wrote:
                    > No, I don't think this is a special situation. In a normal project in
                    > DVX2 Pro there is no
                    > File> Export> Subset of Translation Memory... and> Subset of Termbase...

                    Ouch, then.

                    Although I wouldn't miss it, since the option doesn't limit itself to
                    exporting things that only belong to that client, or to that client and
                    subject combination, or for that matter, to that particular project,.

                    If such options existed, it would be far more useful. Especially for TDBs.

                    For now, creating a new database and sending the whole project there is
                    the better option anyway, except the SQL way, which IMO can't
                    necessarily be called simple.

                    BR,
                    Gudmund