Re: [dejavu-l] Lost Autosearch (portions only) window - now in DVX2

  • Grzegorz Gryc
    Message 1 of 12 , Apr 18 12:17 AM
      Hello Willeke,

      > I lost it too, first time in DVX2, how do I correct that? Is there an
      > autoreg file for DVX2, somewhere?

      Nope.

      Go to the menu, Windows, Reset Window Layout :)

      Cheers
      GG
    • Willeke Barens
      Message 2 of 12 , Apr 18 12:50 AM
        thanks for that, is good to know ;-)
        but ... the window is still not visible, it's now like a small toolbar at the bottom whereas I used to have it as part of the screen, like a separate pane below the grid in which I work.

        I can make it larger, but then it covers the buttons and the info at the bottom, which it didn't do before

        Willeke

        Message 3 of 12 , Apr 18 8:22 AM
          resending the part of my message that I would love an answer to...

          On 18-4-2012 9:50, Willeke Barens wrote:

          the window is still not visible, it's now like a small toolbar at the bottom whereas I used to have it as part of the screen, like a separate pane below the grid in which I work.

          I can make it larger, but then it covers the buttons and the info at the bottom, which it didn't do before

          Willeke

        • Jenny Zonneveld
          Message 4 of 12 , Apr 18 8:27 AM
            Re: [dejavu-l] Lost Autosearch (portions only) window - now in DVX2 Hello Willeke,

            part of the DVX2 smart UI is that you can rearrange and resize the windows as you wish. If you drag them to either side of the screen (or top or bottom for that matter) you will see a docking symbol and the area the window will occupy will be shaded.
            You can nest the Project explorer File properties and AutoSearch panes so that you get tabs at the bottom to select which one is on top.

            If all else fails - in the window menu, there is a Reset Window Layout option - have you tried that?
            HTH

            Kind regards,
            Jenny

            Using:  DVX2 Build 533 WG, working in the grid
                        Office 2010 (NL)
                        Windows 7 Pro 64 bit  (ENG)

            Wednesday, April 18, 2012, 5:22:11 PM, dejavu-l@yahoogroups.com wrote:

            resending the part of my message that I would love an answer to...

            On 18-4-2012 9:50, Willeke Barens wrote:

            the window is still not visible, it's now like a small toolbar at the bottom whereas I used to have it as part of the screen, like a separate pane below the grid in which I work.

            I can make it larger, but then it covers the buttons and the info at the bottom, which it didn't do before

            Willeke

          • Gudmund Areskoug
            Message 5 of 12 , Apr 18 10:45 AM
              On 2012-04-18 17:27, Jenny Zonneveld wrote:
              > Hello Willeke,
              >
              > part of the DVX2 smart UI is that you can rearrange and resize the windows as you wish. If you drag them to either side of the screen (or top or bottom for that matter) you will see a docking symbol and the area the window will occupy will be shaded.
              > You can nest the Project explorer File properties and AutoSearch panes so that you get tabs at the bottom to select which one is on top.
              >
              > If all else fails - in the window menu, there is a Reset Window Layout option - have you tried that?
              > HTH

              And if that fails, there should be a menulayoutdelete (or some such
              name) registry fixt available in the group's files area.

              I believe the archives should contain quite a few messages about this
              kind of problem, including solutions.

              Hope you manage to make DV behave now :)

              BR,
              Gudmund
              --
              This message and any replies to it is scanned by http://www.fra.se
              Please direct any complaints about this to them.

                Message 7 of 12 , Apr 18 1:48 PM
                  thanks Gudmund, Jenny's solution worked, but I had no time to respond earlier.
                  This is indeed MUCH better than before!

                  Willeke