Re: DVX Filter for Wordfast (Excel and Powerpoint)

  • asaptraduction
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 1 12:09 AM
      As far as I can tell, the DVX SGML/XML Wordfast6.dvflt filter works as advertised with Wordfast Pro 2.2.4 txml files based on Excel and Powerpoint files (just tried it again).
      Did you copy all source segments to target in WF Pro before importing into DVX (ctrl+alt+insert)?
      Dave
      --- In dejavu-l@yahoogroups.com, "asaptraduction" <asaptraduction@...> wrote:

      > I thought I'd tried the filter with Excel and Powerpoint files as well, but if not, all you have to do is open the filter, import a couple of sample files and, if necessary, follow Javier's comprehensive instructions:
      > Dave
      >
      > --- In dejavu-l@yahoogroups.com, "christrottier" <ctrottier@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Hi
      > >
      > > I've used the DVX filter for Wordfast Pro successfully with TXML files created from Word documents but the filter doesn't work for TXML files created from Excel and Powerpoint files.
      > > I'm don't know how to modify the filter for that.
      > > Has anybody made filters for those types of files or can anybody let me know how to make such filters?
      > >
      > > Thanks
      > >
      > > Chris

    • asaptraduction
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 1 12:12 AM
        BTW, it's probably a good idea to do any obvious splitting or joining in WF Pro before copying source to target. Use the "+" (expand) and "-" (shirnk) buttons.
        Dave

        --- In dejavu-l@yahoogroups.com, "asaptraduction" <asaptraduction@...> wrote:

        > As far as I can tell, the DVX SGML/XML Wordfast6.dvflt filter works as advertised with Wordfast Pro 2.2.4 txml files based on Excel and Powerpoint files (just tried it again).
        > Did you copy all source segments to target in WF Pro before importing into DVX (ctrl+alt+insert)?
        > Dave
        > --- In dejavu-l@yahoogroups.com, "asaptraduction" <asaptraduction@> wrote:
        > >
        > > I thought I'd tried the filter with Excel and Powerpoint files as well, but if not, all you have to do is open the filter, import a couple of sample files and, if necessary, follow Javier's comprehensive instructions:
        > > Dave
        > >
        > > --- In dejavu-l@yahoogroups.com, "christrottier" <ctrottier@> wrote:
        > > >
        > > > Hi
        > > >
        > > > I've used the DVX filter for Wordfast Pro successfully with TXML files created from Word documents but the filter doesn't work for TXML files created from Excel and Powerpoint files.
        > > > I'm don't know how to modify the filter for that.
        > > > Has anybody made filters for those types of files or can anybody let me know how to make such filters?
        > > >
        > > > Thanks
        > > >
        > > > Chris

      • christrottier
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 7 1:22 AM
          Thanks for your replies.
          It's now working with Excel and Powerpoint as well.
          I guess I must have forgotten to copy all the source text to the targets.

          I have another issue though.
          I'm getting a large TXML file that was done from an Adobe InDesign file INX.
          Using the Wordfast6 filter DVX stops importing the TXML midway.
          Do we need a new filter?

          --- In dejavu-l@yahoogroups.com, "asaptraduction" <asaptraduction@...> wrote:

          > BTW, it's probably a good idea to do any obvious splitting or joining in WF Pro before copying source to target. Use the "+" (expand) and "-" (shirnk) buttons.
          > Dave
          >
          > --- In dejavu-l@yahoogroups.com, "asaptraduction" <asaptraduction@> wrote:
          > >
          > > As far as I can tell, the DVX SGML/XML Wordfast6.dvflt filter works as advertised with Wordfast Pro 2.2.4 txml files based on Excel and Powerpoint files (just tried it again).
          > > Did you copy all source segments to target in WF Pro before importing into DVX (ctrl+alt+insert)?
          > > Dave
          > > --- In dejavu-l@yahoogroups.com, "asaptraduction" <asaptraduction@> wrote:
          > > >
          > > > I thought I'd tried the filter with Excel and Powerpoint files as well, but if not, all you have to do is open the filter, import a couple of sample files and, if necessary, follow Javier's comprehensive instructions:
          > > > Dave

        • asaptraduction
          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 7 1:54 AM
            Try importing the file directly into the filter first.
            The filter is usually located at:
            C:\Program Files\ATRIL\Deja Vu X\Templates\Wordfast6.dvflt
            Import/Data from SGML files/*.txml