Marvel d20

  • MarsAlpha <MarsAlpha@yahoo.com>
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 30, 2003
      I am on other e-lists and I plug DNW shamelessly on there as the
      words greatest supers system. Anyhow on my Marvel RPG list I am on
      they are talking about a new Marvel RPG system. I plugged DNW and
      even told them about how to use the "origins" from the old Marvel
      sourcebook "The Ultimate Powers Guide" as a "race" for DNW. Here is
      what I came up with for all you gamers who use to play old school
      Marvel RPG. Mind you this is so far....I am not done yet.

      NORMAL HUMAN – As DNW Human, add starts with advantage "Connections"
      with three places.

      MUTANT

      ·RANDOM MUTANT – +1Con, -1 Cha, One Power w/o tithe, -10 penalty to
      reputation, gains reputation ½ as much as normal, looses it x2 as
      fast.

      ·INDUCED MUTANT – +1 to one ability score of choice, all else as DNW
      Mutant

      ·BREED MUTANT – +1 Con, +1 Wis, Starts with advantage "Connections"
      with people they came from, -10 penalty to reputation, gains
      reputation ½ as much as normal, looses it x2 as fast.

      HUMANOID RACE – Pick any humanoid type of race from any d20 system
      that the DM allows such as Elf, Wookie, Dwarf, Fraal or Vulcan.

      SURGICAL COMPOSITE – +1 Str, +1 Con, -1 Wis, -20 penalty to
      reputation, -2 to all Willpower saves, default Resources is 5 or
      3d6/2, Starts with advantage "Connections" with the person or
      hospital that made them.

      MODIFIED HUMAN

      ·ORGANIC – As DNW Transgenic, add that they naturally heal x2 of what
      is normal, even with no powers selected they have a 3 power
      experience tithe.

      ·MUSCULAR – As DNW Transgenic, +1 Str and Con, even with no powers
      selected they have a 3 power experience tithe.

      ·SKELETAL – As DNW Transgenic, Start with Body Reinforcement even
      with no other powers selected they have a 2 power experience tithe.

      ·EXTRA PARTS – As DNW Transgenic, Depending on part detrimines what
      bonuses. Extra Arms add power Extra Arms, Extra Organs give x2 Con
      modifier to HP only and x2 healing rate, Tail add power Prehensile
      Tail and Wings adds Flight I. Even with no other powers selected they
      have a 2 power experience tithe.

      DEMI HUMAN – Pick any monsterous type of race from any d20 system
      that the DM allows such as Centaurs, Yuan Ti, Lizard Men, Dracon or
      Wemic.

      CYBORG

      ·ARTIFICIAL LIMB/ ORGANS – As DNW Experiment, -1 Wis

      ·EXOSKELETON – Not a Origin, character class Armor Adept

      ·MECHANICAL BODY – As DNW Machine Life/ Android but –2 Wis and not
      immune to mind-influencing effects (charms, compulsions, hypnotism,
      phantasms, induced fear, etc.) and can benefit from biological
      healing due to the fact the brain and part of the spinal colum is
      still in use.

      ·MECHANICALLY AUGMENTED – As DNW Transgenic

      ROBOT

      ·HUMAN SHAPE – As DNW Machine Life/Android
      ·METAMORPHIC – As DNW Machine Life/ Android but has a second form
      that may be a vehicle or a mechanoid form.Either case the alternate
      form may be up to 3 times larger then the smaller of the two forms.
      For every additional form beyond the first two, the character has a –
      1 to all stats.
    • cryptosnark <cryptosnark@yahoo.com>
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 31, 2003
        --- In deedsnotwordsd20@yahoogroups.com, "MarsAlpha <MarsAlpha@y...>" <MarsAlpha@y...> wrote:
        > I am on other e-lists and I plug DNW shamelessly on there as the
        > words greatest supers system.

        Only the WORLD's greatest? Slacker! Deceiver! For this, you shall endure ten hours in the Pain-Chamber! Robot ninjas, fetch this human to me!

        >Anyhow on my Marvel RPG list I am on
        > they are talking about a new Marvel RPG system.

        I'm reeeeeeeeeeeeal curious about this one myself. Not only diceless, but a huge surprise...

        >I plugged DNW and
        > even told them about how to use the "origins" from the old Marvel
        > sourcebook "The Ultimate Powers Guide" as a "race" for DNW. Here is
        > what I came up with for all you gamers who use to play old school
        > Marvel RPG. Mind you this is so far....I am not done yet.

        I had a fairly decent setup for converting Marvel atrributes into DNW d20 stats... I could post it again, if anyone was interested.

        Cheers!

        SL
      • Sérgio
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 31, 2003
          > I had a fairly decent setup for converting Marvel atrributes into
          DNW d20 stats... I could post it again, if anyone was interested.

          What you`r waiting then? Send it out!!

          smaxj