Brief Situation Update

  • cryptosnark <cryptosnark@yahoo.com>
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 18, 2003
      Hey all!

      As has been discussed elsewhere, TOO DAMN MANY orders for
      the new PDF poured in in a short time and punked my e-mail all
      to hell and back. I spent a looong time dealing with those orders,
      and the various bounced messages back and forth, but things
      are all better now-- my e-mail account is behaving once again.
      Absolutely nothing is wrong with the PDF this time around... no
      file problems, no page cut-offs, so at least *that* problem is
      staying in its grave. ;)

      Heh. Too damn many orders... a problem I wish I had more
      often.

      Status of 1.1: I am nearing the end of the powers section. Once
      that's done, I have to hit vehicles, equipment, magic, and armor
      adept stuff out of the park, then prepare the indices and
      appencices, and OFF SHE GOES! I will update *Laying the
      Smack Down* hot on the heels of that one, too-- newer, better
      mechanics, a few more illustrations, and many pages more
      information and useful stuff.

      Palmer: I can't make that a feat, since it has no real in-game
      effect (even all of the tongue-in-cheek feats grant a bonus) but I
      WILL make it a spell that grants a circumstance bonus to certain
      actions. ;) Brilliant. I'll credit you for it.

      Cheers!

      SL
    • Cabal

        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 19, 2003
          On 19 Jan 2003, at 1:56, cryptosnark cryptosnark@yahoo wrote:

          > Status of 1.1: I am nearing the end of the powers section. Once
          > that's done, I have to hit vehicles, equipment, magic, and armor
          > adept stuff out of the park, then prepare the indices and
          > appencices, and OFF SHE GOES! I will update *Laying the
          > Smack Down* hot on the heels of that one, too-- newer, better
          > mechanics, a few more illustrations, and many pages more
          > information and useful stuff.

          *paws through cash obtained over xmas and figures out when he can make
          it down to the post office to fire off a money order*

          *grins*

          > Palmer: I can't make that a feat, since it has no real in-game
          > effect (even all of the tongue-in-cheek feats grant a bonus) but I
          > WILL make it a spell that grants a circumstance bonus to certain
          > actions. ;) Brilliant. I'll credit you for it.

          *grins* I deliberately aimed it extremely low, figuring that you'd jack it up if
          you liked it (which you do) with appropriate balanced bonuses.

          The other thought I had would be to make it a 1 EP Advantage (worth less
          than others, but is significantly less useful).

          But the spell idea sounds good... with that justification, you can easily
          ramp the level of the effects up to causing actual light, slow-mo effects...
          even go as far as having the area go pitch black, except for a pair of
          spotlight-effects that track the duelling characters in their battle. Oh, and
          the obligatory cheering section ;)