Armor Adept DR Clarification

    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 28, 2002
      Funnily enough, I was just noticing myself this afternoon how abysmally I screwed the pooch in the Armor Adept DR description. That is supposed
      to be an additional +2 DR against the listed sources of damage.

    • gldhrt
      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 29, 2002
        Scott are you saying that on page 31, it should be AC+5, DR+6,
        BDR+8? BTW Bold Costumes ROCKS!!!!

        --- In deedsnotwordsd20@y..., "cryptosnark" <cryptosnark@y...> wrote:
        > Funnily enough, I was just noticing myself this afternoon how
        abysmally I screwed the pooch in the Armor Adept DR description.
        That is supposed
        > to be an additional +2 DR against the listed sources of damage.
        >
        > Cheers,
        >
        > SL
      • John Lorenzsonn
        Message 3 of 7 , Oct 29, 2002
          --- gldhrt <gldhrt@...> wrote:
          > Scott are you saying that on page 31, it should be
          > AC+5, DR+6,
          > BDR+8? BTW Bold Costumes ROCKS!!!!
          >

          > --- In deedsnotwordsd20@y..., "cryptosnark"
          > <cryptosnark@y...> wrote:
          > > Funnily enough, I was just noticing myself this
          > afternoon how
          > abysmally I screwed the pooch in the Armor Adept DR
          > description.
          > That is supposed
          > > to be an additional +2 DR against the listed
          > sources of damage.
          > >
          > > Cheers,
          > >
          > > SL

          "Listed sources"=elemental damage. As it is currently
          phrased, the suit provides only DR2 against the listed
          forms of elemental damage, when it should be an
          additional 2 on top of the regular DR rating.

          ---
          John Lorenzsonn

          HotJobs - Search new jobs daily now
          http://hotjobs.yahoo.com/
          Message 4 of 7 , Oct 30, 2002
            --- In deedsnotwordsd20@y..., John Lorenzsonn <snowblindentropy@y...> wrote:

            > --- gldhrt <gldhrt@y...> wrote:
            > > Scott are you saying that on page 31, it should be
            > > AC+5, DR+6,
            > > BDR+8? BTW Bold Costumes ROCKS!!!!
            > >

            > > --- In deedsnotwordsd20@y..., "cryptosnark"
            > > <cryptosnark@y...> wrote:
            > > > Funnily enough, I was just noticing myself this
            > > afternoon how
            > > abysmally I screwed the pooch in the Armor Adept DR
            > > description.
            > > That is supposed
            > > > to be an additional +2 DR against the listed
            > > sources of damage.
            > > >
            > > > Cheers,
            > > >
            > > > SL
            > >

            > "Listed sources"=elemental damage. As it is currently
            > phrased, the suit provides only DR2 against the listed
            > forms of elemental damage, when it should be an
            > additional 2 on top of the regular DR rating.

            John is quite right. All told, the base stats are DR 4, BDR 8, DR 6 vs. those listed sources of damage.

          • Bradford C. Walker
            Message 5 of 7 , Oct 30, 2002
              --- In deedsnotwordsd20@y..., "cryptosnark" <cryptosnark@y...> wrote:

              > John is quite right. All told, the base stats are DR 4, BDR 8, DR 6
              > vs. those listed sources of damage.

              Does the +2 DR vs. aforementioned elemental damage sources also apply
              to the suit's BDR?

              --Bradford C. Walker
              Message 6 of 7 , Oct 30, 2002
                On 30 Oct 2002, at 18:18, Bradford C. Walker wrote:

                > --- In deedsnotwordsd20@y..., "cryptosnark" <cryptosnark@y...> wrote:
                > >
                > > John is quite right. All told, the base stats are DR 4, BDR 8, DR 6
                > > vs. those listed sources of damage.
                >
                > Does the +2 DR vs. aforementioned elemental damage sources also apply
                > to the suit's BDR?

                Hrmm... how would you get elemental AND ballistic at once?
                Would incendiary bullets count?

                *notices there is no mention of any kind of ammunition in DNW
                equipment lists except for silvered/masterwork bullets*
                *finds them in the Flying Lead section 40 pages later*
                *notices they have no costs listed*

                You may want to revise that Scott... one expects to find things like
                Ammo in the Equipment section usually...

                They count as doing heat damage... but are they 'ballistic' enough
                to use BDR? All it says is "Incendiary rounds cause heat-type
                damage." No addition damage or anything...

                This also leads me to wonder...

                All armor that has DR also has BDR of at LEAST it's base DR, or
                higher.

                Would it not make more sense to just have DR values for all
                armors... and then have BDR expressed as an add value, like with
                the abovementioned Armor Adept +2 vs Fire/etc?

                So Ballistic Vest (DR 3 / BDR 6) would be listed as DR 3, BDR +3,
                and a Leather Jacket (DR 1 / BDR 1) would just be listed as DR 1.

                Just a thought. Not like it doesn't work the way it is already.

              • John Lorenzsonn
                Message 7 of 7 , Oct 30, 2002
                  --- Palmer of the Turks <palmeroftheturks@...>
                  wrote:
                  > On 30 Oct 2002, at 18:18, Bradford C. Walker wrote:
                  >
                  > > --- In deedsnotwordsd20@y..., "cryptosnark"
                  > <cryptosnark@y...> wrote:
                  > > >
                  > > > John is quite right. All told, the base stats
                  > are DR 4, BDR 8, DR 6
                  > > > vs. those listed sources of damage.
                  > >
                  > > Does the +2 DR vs. aforementioned elemental damage
                  > sources also apply
                  > > to the suit's BDR?
                  I've got the same response as Palmer - how are you
                  going to get ballistic elemental damage? BDR=guns
                  only. Not grenades, rockets, arrows, Magic Missiles,
                  Flame Arrows. Incendiaries may be the only case, in
                  which case sure, why not?

                  ---