Any Word on this game

  • cody4us
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 2, 2007
      What is the legal status of the game?
      Does someone own the rights?

      Wondering?

      Cody Knotts
      Publisher
      The Weekly Recorder
      www.theweeklyrecorder.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 8, 2007
        Hi,

        The legal status of the game is that Scott Lynch passed his copyrights to Jayson Stevens and Orion Ussner Kidder (me) as of two years ago. The first two editions of DNW, 1.0 and 1.1, should be considered abandonware. You may share them freely. That is our official stance. If you ordered copies of DNW or any other Cryptosnark books and never received them, we can try to arrange uploads of the files, though we can't guarantee that we have them all between us.

        The real news, though, is that DNW has transformed into The Phoenix Project RPG, whom you can email at <phoenixprojectrpg@...> or visit on our new discussion board, <http: games.groups.yahoo.com/group/phoenixprojectrpg/>. Phoenix is an expansion pack for d20 Modern, instead of the standalone game that was DNW. A second edition of DNW is planned for "sometime in the future," but for now, Phoenix is what's on offer. Come join us!

        --
        -Orion Ussner Kidder

        Humanities Centre Rm. 340
        Department of English & Film
        University of Alberta
        Phone: 780-492-2437

        "For the legions of aging readers,  what else
        are serial superhero stories but perpetually
        running narrative machines--an endless
        supply of nostalgia?"

        -Sean Howe, "Give Our Regards to the
        Atom-Smashers: Writers on Comics"
      • wyvern40
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 10, 2007
          --- In deedsnotwordsd20@yahoogroups.com, Orion <orionuk@...> wrote:
          > If you ordered copies of DNW or any other Cryptosnark books and
          > never received them, we can try to arrange uploads of the files,
          > though we can't guarantee that we have them all between us.

          I'd really like a copy of Thaumatech, if anyone has it. I ordered a
          copy of the "Cryptosnark Complete Collection" a couple of years ago
          and never got it. Some kind person sent me copies of DNW and
          Smackdown when I told my sad tale in the ENWorld forums, but I was
          really interested in Thaumatech as well.

          Wyvern

          "There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt
          of in your philosophy."
          - William Shakespeare, "Hamlet"
          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 10, 2007
            I'm afraid I never got my hands on Thaumatech, and I'd like to have it, too.

            Check in at the phoenix forum to, eh? Someone there might have copies and then they could be uploaded to the site.