New managment? ???

  • dartnet01
    Message 1 of 10 , Nov 1, 2004
      Ok I know I have been out of the loop. But could some one get me back
      up to speed on the status of DNW? Please.

      Dartnet
      Message 2 of 10 , Nov 1, 2004
        Well, The Scott wasn't supporting the product any more, so we were in
        the midst of making a new version of it, tentatively called "The Phoenix
        Project." But then Palmer got in touch with The Scott and he empowered
        Palmer (and the Phoenix Collective) to do whatever they wanted with DNW.

        So, at this point, we're more or less making DNW 2.0, though we're still
        undecided on what name to bring it out under and how exactly to handle
        it. Right now, we're focusing on making the system. If you want, you can
        go to the Phoenix Project yahoo group
        (phoenixprojectrpg@yahoogroups.com) and see what we've been up to.

        There are a LOT of messages. Don't feel you have to read them all.

        --
        -Orion

        "You're born naked and everything else is drag."
        -RuPaul
      • Palmer of the Turks
          On 2 Nov 2004, at 5:48, dartnet01 wrote:

          > Ok I know I have been out of the loop.
          > But could some one get me back
          > up to speed on the status of DNW? Please.

          indefinitely. Chances of him returning to active duty some time down the line...
          basically zilch.

          He's become a fulltime novelist, and that's where his life is at this point.

          However, he's recognized that I'm still DNW fanboy #1... and that I had started work on
          a OGC version of DNW, with revisions.

          So, in his infinite wisdom... he has granted me full and unlimited license (royalty-free)
          to all the IP in DNW, to do with as I please.

          So the future of DNW is in my hands, and will go wherever I take it. Until then, DNW
          1.1 goes on as always, and I'll be here to answer any questions about it and stuff like
          that.

          Anything else you want to know?

        • Scott Crosson
          Message 4 of 10 , Nov 1, 2004
            > Anything else you want to know?

            Yea is DNW using D20 Modern DOA?

            Dartnet
            Message 5 of 10 , Nov 1, 2004
              On 1 Nov 2004, at 23:28, Scott Crosson wrote:

              > > Anything else you want to know?
              >
              > Yea is DNW using D20 Modern DOA?

              No... we;re going with the same intent DNW had to begin with...

              Making it as D&D 3.5 compatible/standard as possible, deviating only where
              necessary.

              This means that when there's overlap between a D&D version of something, and a
              d20M version, there's a 90% chance the D&D version will be chosen.

              Stuff from d20M is being integrated piecemeal as needed, such as weapon stats,
              some skills, and similar stuff.

              But classes, for instance, are staying strictly conventional. No Basic/Advanced.
              Maybe later in a supplement.

              Message 6 of 10 , Nov 1, 2004
                I think I can speek for Palmer when I say that we aim to incorporate
                good, useful rules where ever we can, but we're not quite out to make a
                system that is, in effect, a D20 Mod expansion pack. If anything, we're
                staying far more true to the D&D 3.0 rules than anything else.

                That answer your question?

                Message 7 of 10 , Nov 2, 2004
                  > Making it as D&D 3.5 compatible/standard as possible, deviating only where
                  > necessary.

                  That's good 3.5 and modern are all most the same in most things.

                  Are you reworking the powers?

                  Dartnet
                  Message 8 of 10 , Nov 2, 2004
                    We haven't arrived at the powers yet, but, yes, there will be
                    significant changs. We're keeping the basic system, and most of the
                    powers themselves, but tweaking how they work.

                    Message 9 of 10 , Nov 2, 2004
                      On 2 Nov 2004, at 6:35, Scott Crosson wrote:

                      > > Making it as D&D 3.5 compatible/standard as
                      > > possible, deviating only where necessary.
                      >
                      > That's good 3.5 and modern are all most the
                      > same in most things.

                      There are some differences, which is where 3.5 wins out. Like the fact that Modern
                      doesn't have Attacks of Opportunity, and DNW won't use Wealth Bonus.
                      Occupations may or may not be added, haven't decided.

                      > Are you reworking the powers?

                      Some powers are undoubtedly going to be reworked, but we're not at that point yet.

                    • Scott Crosson
                      Message 10 of 10 , Nov 2, 2004
                        Acutely Modern has Attacks of Opportunity.

                        Also the wealth system is rather good once you get used to it.

                        Dart