So basically the gameline is dead and the creator is awol?

  • tivaaky1
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 9, 2004
      Kindof sad. At least I got all the pdfs I paid for. But there are
      not going to be anymore, ever right?

      Kindof sad.

      No post from the creator as to why he left. Why he stopped making
      the gameline? Why he never sent people the products they paid for?
      Is the guy even a member of this yahoo group anymore?

      Oh well. I have been playing Mutants & Masterminds and reading the
      new Hero Champions books. They're very good. They continue to be
      supported, their creators talk daily to their fans and customers.

      Time to move on I guess.

      Peace.
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 9, 2004
        kindof not sad! kindof at ground floor of new, er, ground-breaking world
        of RPGing 'n stuff.

        sorry you missed the message! several of us have decided to carry on
        scott's work and recreate DNW in a new, exciting way. we've made a new
        yahoo discussion group which you can find at
        <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/phoenixprojectrpg/>.

        we're taking the DNW 1.1 text and tweaking, stream-lining, and otherwise
        reissuing. it'd be like DNW 2.0 if we were still affiliated with scott,
        but we're not. so far, we're calling it the Phoenix Project. naming the
        game itself cancome later. much later. we elected palmer our official
        Boss in Charge of Bossing and Boss-Related Duties, and then the rest of
        us just chime in when we feel like it.

        so far we've redone the rules for the introduction and the first two
        chapters (almost). we're moving to feats in the near future. the idea is
        that we hash out new rules for the whole system, get it all running
        smoth, and then we/i actually do the writing.

        please come and join us in our magical wonderland of nerdosity.

        --
        -Orion

        "You're born naked and everything else is drag."
        -RuPaul
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 9, 2004
          On 9 Sep 2004, at 18:55, tivaaky1 wrote:

          > Kindof sad. At least I got all the pdfs I paid for.
          > But there are not going to be anymore, ever right?

          Some of us HAVE been in touch with him... he says he hasn't given up on DNW, but
          it's on indefinite hiatus while he works on his novel (he has an editor at a major
          publishing house saying "I seriously want to see this book" and giving him deadlines)

          But DNW is dead for the forseeable future.

          > Time to move on I guess.

          I'm moving on. Taking DNW guts and (bless the OGL) reworking it all myself (with help
          from my Legion of Minions) into a new game.

          Yay.