DNW Character / Villian Generator

  • ~~Richard K~~
    Message 1 of 47 , Jul 5, 2004
      Palmer and Orion, I was wondering if you guys wanna help me make a DNW
      character generator?

      In other words, I'm familliar with D20 but not super-familliar with D20DNW
      like you guys are.

      I'm using a free table-generator program from NBOS called Inspiration pad
      pro.
      I have created stuff for my own Sci-Fi D6 campaign (like a PC/NPC
      History/Background Generator) and I like playing around with it.

      Once finished I'll put it up on a website (its converts to CGI language too)
      so everyone can enjoy making random DNW characters.

      The only problem is it currently doesnt use Player/GM input forms, so it has
      to be completely random, levels/male/female/powers.

      All I'm asking in support is some answers to questions, like EP/Level
      balancing and such.
      This will be a learning process for me too as I'm learning about passing
      variables and basic scripting, so this may take a while to do on my spare
      time, but the end result would be something everyone can use. I also talked
      to NBOS about input forms being included in a newer version and they replied
      as putting it in as a top priority on their to-do list. (this allows a
      pop-up user input while generating eg: What level do you want this character
      to be? ___ )

      I hope I get a resounding "yes!" with a good kick in the butt to get my lazy
      a** going on this.

      ~~Richard K~~
    • Patrick
      Message 47 of 47 , Jul 18, 2004
        Get well first. We can wait on the generator :)

        ~~Richard K~~ wrote:
        Hey all, sorry had the whole family come down with some crazy stomach flu,
        what a terrible week!
        I'll resume work on this... grind-grind...

        ~~Richard K~~