Attribute Boost and Burst(s) of Speed

    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 1, 2004
      ATTRIBUTE BOOST
      Prerequisite: None
      Power List: General
      Range: Self
      Activation Cost: None
      Sustained Cost: 1PP/+4 to Attribute
      Base Cost: 1EP/+4 to Attribute
      Characters with this power can temporarily boost one of their attributes
      to super-heroic proportions, but incurring a PP cost. Ability points
      cost 1EP/+4 to purchase the power. For example, to purchase the ability
      to increase Dex from +4 to +20 costs 5EP. The PC could then ‘boost’ Dex
      by any multiple of +4 up to +20 at a cost of 1PP per +4. The sustain
      cost for Attribute Boost is 1PP per +4 per round when in combat, and 1PP
      per +4 per minute in non-combat situations. Fighting just takes a lot
      more energy than standing around posing for the cameras. This power may
      be taken multiple times, granting the ability to boost a different
      attribute each time.

      Enhancement: Boost Body
      Cost: 1EP/+2 to Str, Dex, and Con
      Sustained Cost: 1PP/+2 to Str, Dex, and Con
      This enhancement grants the ability to increase all three physical
      attributes (Str, Dex, Con) at once, at a reduced price. Normally,
      increasing three attributes by +8 each would cost 6EP to purchase, and
      6PPs per round/minute. With Boost Body, PCs can do the same for only 4EP
      and 4PPs per round/minute.

      Enhancement: Boost Mind
      Cost: 1EP/+2 to Int, Wis, Cha
      Sustained Cost: 1PP/+2 to Int, Wis, Cha
      This enhancement grants the ability to increase all three mental
      attributes (Int, Wis, Cha) at once, at a reduced price. Normally,
      increasing three attributes by +8 each would cost 6EP to purchase, and
      6PPs per round/minute. With Boost Mind, PCs can do the same for only 4EP
      and 4PPs per round/minute.

      FLIGHT [ Fiat ]
      Enhancement: Burst of Speed
      Cost: 2EP per x2
      Sustained Cost: 1PP per x2
      With this enhancement, PCs can double their Flight speed for limited
      amounts of time. The power costs 2EP to purchase, and 1PP per round in
      combat, or per minute out of combat to sustain. Fighting takes more
      energy than going for a Sunday fly. This power may be taken multiple
      times. Each time, it increases flight speed by one multiple (x2, x3. x4,
      etc.), and incurs an addition 1PP per round/minute to sustain. There is
      no maximum multiplier.
      This enhancement can be combined with Super-Speed: Bonus Actions.

      Enhancement: Burst of Speed
      Cost: 2EP per x2
      Sustain: 1PP per x2
      With this enhancement, PCs can double their movement rate for limited
      amounts of time. The power costs 2EP to purchase, and 1PP per round in
      combat, or per minute out of combat to sustain. Fighting takes more
      energy than running across town for a pizza. This power may be taken
      multiple times. Each time, it increases speed by one multiple (x2, x3.

      --
      -Orion

      "You're born naked and everything else is drag."
      -RuPaul
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 1, 2004
        On 1 Jul 2004, at 11:17, Orion wrote:

        > ATTRIBUTE BOOST
        > Prerequisite: None
        > Power List: General
        > Range: Self
        > Activation Cost: None
        > Sustained Cost: 1PP/+4 to Attribute
        > Base Cost: 1EP/+4 to Attribute

        Too cheap :)
        I had suggested 4 EP for +4

        There's practically no reason to take normal high attributes with this low low cost.

        I can spend 4 EP to go from 20 to 22 Strength... or 4 EP and 4 PP to go from 20 to 36!
        At 4 EP for +4, it then becomes 16 EP to go from 20 to 36, whereas the same 16
        would only go from 20 to 28 base. The benefit becomes especially apparent once your
        Boosted stat breaks the 30 line.

        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 1, 2004
          woops! my mistake. dunno what i was thinking. let's just go and change
          that...