Off Topic but Sad news.

  • myrthynn_of_the_tor
    Message 1 of 2 , May 26, 2004
      I realize this isn't exactly the place for this, but knowing that
      several people in this group are Babylon 5 fans, and may not have
      heard the news, I thought I would just post this:

      Message
      From: jmsatb5@... (jms at b5)
      Subject: today we lost richard biggs
      To: rec.arts.sf.tv.babylon5.moderated
      Date: 5/22/2004 4:43:05 PM

      I was awakened today with several phone calls from cast members and
      Doug to
      pass along the terrible news that this morning, Richard Biggs passed
      away.

      We're still gathering information, so take none of this as firm word,
      but what
      seems to have happened, happened quickly. He woke up, got up out of
      bed...and
      went down. The paramedics who showed up suggested it was either an
      aneurysm or
      a massive stroke.

      His family members have been informed, and all of the the cast have,
      as far as
      we can determine, also been informed.

      This is a terrible loss for all of us. Richard was a consummate
      professional
      but more than that he was an honorable, stand-up guy. If he gave you
      his word
      on something, you never had to wonder about it afterward. He was
      always
      helpful and supportive of all the cast, even those who only came in
      for one
      episode, always with a ready smile and determined to do whatever it
      took to
      make the scene work. He was, quite simply, a terrific guy, and
      everyone here
      is just devastated at the news.

      More word as this develops. We may try to have some kind of fund
      raiser to
      help give whatever assistance may be helpful for his kids.

      We all miss him terribly.

      jms

      (jmsatb5@...)
      and don't send me story ideas)
    • slingbld1619
      Message 2 of 2 , May 27, 2004
        I was shocked to hear this news as well. I've been reading up on his
        fan site, as well as many B5 boards about this.
        He was a good actor & from what I've seen from interviews & what
        people have said about him even before his passing, he was a great
        man, father, husband, and humanitarian.

        I will miss seeing him in all the parts he would have taken in the
        future....

        --- In deedsnotwordsd20@yahoogroups.com, "myrthynn_of_the_tor"