Re: [deedsnotwordsd20] spells

    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 22 11:46 AM
      On 22 Apr 2004, at 11:49, Orion wrote:

      > can i get a read on teh collective opinion of expanding the spell lists for
      > DNW? i realise it's small for a reason (the modern world doesn't have a lot
      > of magic floating around) but i really *want* to make more spells available.

      Well the spell section has always said you can include any other D&D spells you wish
      in your game... I know Brad Walker's campaign had a number of Forgotten Realms
      specific spells used, with no problems.
      Then again, I also allow mystics in my game access to most divine spells as well -
      outside of D&D, there's a long history of wizards who use healing magic.
      This is DNW, not D&D, and I feel no need to be bound by D&D genre conventions.

      > i'd also like to be able to rig up a modern cleric, too.
      > i'm thinking just give the mystic access to spells.
      > how's that sit with you all?

      For a modern cleric, I would depart from the class as presented in D&D and make it
      instead as a power package. Origin is obviously avatar.
      Class - would vary. Champion or Adventurer would likely be most appropriate.

      Powers would include Healing Touch, Bless/Curse and Turn/Rebuke Undead.
      Anything else on top of those would be deity-specific, perhaps.

      And just play them like that. Easy peasy.

      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 22 2:22 PM
        as always, palmer, you are a, if not the, voice of reason. that all makes
        perfect sense.