CDs Revisited

  • Scott
    Message 1 of 19 , Apr 8 4:49 PM
      Not to beat a dead horse but I have no other alternative. I paid my
      money back in January and received no product and have not received a
      single response to any email sent to Scott or his girlfriend. It is
      unfortunate that Scott has not been able to access a cd burner but it
      has been a month since we got the last promise that the cd would be
      provided. Does anyone know what is happening? Should I chock up my
      $20 as donation to Cryptosnark Games? It's really too bad, I think
      DNW is a great game and was looking forward to the materials.
      Message 2 of 19 , Apr 11 12:58 AM
        i was starting to think about this recently, myself. i don't want to rag on
        the guy, but honestly, how much effort does it take to go to someone's
        house who has a CD burner, burn a bunch of sets of CDs which are identical
        to each other, and then toss them in the post? i appreciate that the guy
        made a really fun game, but i'm baffled by the lack of organisational
        skills, here.

        At 11:49 PM 08/04/2004 +0000, you wrote:
        >Not to beat a dead horse but I have no other alternative. I paid my
        >money back in January and received no product and have not received a
        >single response to any email sent to Scott or his girlfriend. It is
        >unfortunate that Scott has not been able to access a cd burner but it
        >has been a month since we got the last promise that the cd would be
        >provided. Does anyone know what is happening? Should I chock up my
        >$20 as donation to Cryptosnark Games? It's really too bad, I think
        >DNW is a great game and was looking forward to the materials.
        >

        >Yahoo! Groups Links

      • Bradford C. Walker
        Message 3 of 19 , Apr 17 7:36 PM
          --- In deedsnotwordsd20@yahoogroups.com, Orion <okidder@t...> wrote:
          > i was starting to think about this recently, myself. i don't want
          to rag on
          > the guy, but honestly, how much effort does it take to go to
          someone's
          > house who has a CD burner, burn a bunch of sets of CDs which are
          identical
          > to each other, and then toss them in the post? i appreciate that
          the guy
          > made a really fun game, but i'm baffled by the lack of
          organisational
          > skills, here.

          No one's attempted to ask his girlfriend very, very nicely to check
          on Scott? I'm surprised.
          Message 4 of 19 , Apr 17 7:48 PM
            i've actually lost her email. anyone got it?

            At 02:36 AM 18/04/2004 +0000, you wrote:
            >--- In deedsnotwordsd20@yahoogroups.com, Orion <okidder@t...> wrote:
            > > i was starting to think about this recently, myself. i don't want
            >to rag on
            > > the guy, but honestly, how much effort does it take to go to
            >someone's
            > > house who has a CD burner, burn a bunch of sets of CDs which are
            >identical
            > > to each other, and then toss them in the post? i appreciate that
            >the guy
            > > made a really fun game, but i'm baffled by the lack of
            >organisational
            > > skills, here.
            >
            >No one's attempted to ask his girlfriend very, very nicely to check
            >on Scott? I'm surprised.
          • myrthynn_of_the_tor
            Message 5 of 19 , Apr 17 8:27 PM
              I sent 2 email messages to Jennifer in March, both CC'd to Scott,
              asking about the status of the CD's. I got no reply from her or Scott
              to either message. If you want to try your luck, the e mail address I
              have for her is jennifer.c.hermey@...
              I hope you have better luck than I have. I would have liked a reply,
              I would like my CD even more....

              --- In deedsnotwordsd20@yahoogroups.com, Orion <okidder@t...> wrote:
              > i've actually lost her email. anyone got it?
              >
              > At 02:36 AM 18/04/2004 +0000, you wrote:
              > >--- In deedsnotwordsd20@yahoogroups.com, Orion <okidder@t...>
              wrote:
              > > > i was starting to think about this recently, myself. i don't
              want
              > >to rag on
              > > > the guy, but honestly, how much effort does it take to go to
              > >someone's
              > > > house who has a CD burner, burn a bunch of sets of CDs which are
              > >identical
              > > > to each other, and then toss them in the post? i appreciate that
              > >the guy
              > > > made a really fun game, but i'm baffled by the lack of
              > >organisational
              > > > skills, here.
              > >
              > >No one's attempted to ask his girlfriend very, very nicely to check
              > >on Scott? I'm surprised.
            • Clay Broeker
              Message 6 of 19 , Apr 17 9:56 PM
                Yeah, considering that Scott's last empty promise
                concerning the CDs came on March 10 and that he had
                "made a date to burn the new CDs on Thursday" (hmmmm,
                over a month ago), I wouldn't get your hopes up.

                I've certainly given up on ever seeing the CD at this
                point.

                --- myrthynn_of_the_tor <Myrthynn@...>

                http://photos.yahoo.com/ph/print_splash
                Message 7 of 19 , Apr 17 10:02 PM
                  On 17 Apr 2004, at 21:56, Clay Broeker wrote:

                  > Yeah, considering that Scott's last empty promise
                  > concerning the CDs came on March 10 and that he had
                  > "made a date to burn the new CDs on Thursday" (hmmmm,
                  > over a month ago), I wouldn't get your hopes up.
                  >
                  > I've certainly given up on ever seeing the CD at this
                  > point.

                  Yeah, I have to agree at this point.

                  Either way, I still have an active DNW game going.

                  Query: I paid for it anyways (on the CD) but still don't have it.
                  Is there anyone still reading this who has Laying the Smack Down 1.1 that would be
                  willing to send me a copy? I have BCBH already, and LTSD was the main thing I
                  wanted off the CD anyways.

                  Just drop me a line at: palmer at shinraonline dot com
                  Thank ye kindly.

                  Message 8 of 19 , Apr 17 10:36 PM
                    listen up, everyone:

                    i got scott to sent me a copy of BCBH before he sent the CD (i wanted to
                    use it for a game), so i have copies of all 1.1 documents: DNW, LtSD, and
                    BCBH.

                    at this point i am perfectly willing to send them to anyone who bought the
                    CD and never recieved it. BCBH (black and white) is 1.2 meg. LtSD is 2.2
                    meg. if you give me an ICQ number or an MSN address we can link up and i
                    can upload the file to you. if you've got an FTP, even better. if someone
                    explains how to seed a bittorrent file, well that would just solve all our
                    problems.

                    just send me a private email at orion at finagler dot com to make
                    arrangements. palmer, you are at the top of the list. just give me
                    somewhere to upload to and the file's yours.

                    scott, if you're listening, we still love your game, dude, but you've
                    seriously fucked this up. come back, apologise, and send us the files and
                    we'll all be friends again!

                    At 10:02 PM 17/04/2004 -0700, you wrote:
                    >On 17 Apr 2004, at 21:56, Clay Broeker wrote:
                    >
                    > > Yeah, considering that Scott's last empty promise
                    > > concerning the CDs came on March 10 and that he had
                    > > "made a date to burn the new CDs on Thursday" (hmmmm,
                    > > over a month ago), I wouldn't get your hopes up.
                    > >
                    > > I've certainly given up on ever seeing the CD at this
                    > > point.
                    >
                    >Yeah, I have to agree at this point.
                    >
                    >Either way, I still have an active DNW game going.
                    >
                    >Query: I paid for it anyways (on the CD) but still don't have it.
                    >Is there anyone still reading this who has Laying the Smack Down 1.1 that
                    >would be
                    >willing to send me a copy? I have BCBH already, and LTSD was the main thing I
                    >wanted off the CD anyways.
                    >
                    >Just drop me a line at: palmer at shinraonline dot com
                    >Thank ye kindly.
                  • Bradford C. Walker
                    Message 9 of 19 , Apr 17 11:44 PM
                      --- In deedsnotwordsd20@yahoogroups.com, "Bradford C. Walker"
                      <bcwalker_98@y...> wrote:

                      > No one's attempted to ask his girlfriend very, very nicely to
                      check
                      > on Scott? I'm surprised.

                      UPDATE: Word's on its way to Scott.
                    • Bill
                      Message 10 of 19 , Apr 18 10:02 AM
                        At least I (well my girlfriend really since she was the one who
                        ordered it) recieved a refund for the CD but I have a feeling Mr.
                        Lynch's girlfriend was responsible for and not Scott, since it was
                        her personal check we recieved. We were promised a refund AND a CD
                        from them, but all I really wanted was our money back or what we
                        paid for.

                        Thanks to a cool guy here on the group, I got BCBH, though I would
                        have loved the updated version of Distinction and Drawbacks, through
                        file trading for the books that the other person needed. I would
                        love to swear off Cryptosnark games, but unfortunately I hate all
                        the other attempts that have been made at a D20 Super-Hero game, and
                        my players love it as well (they are paying customers too and one of
                        them never even recieved an update from DNW 1.0 to 1.1). I don't
                        usually condone file swapping, but we ALL paid for the CD, some of
                        you sent checks, and others (like us) used PayPal, and no one has
                        gotten the CD. I've been understanding about delays to products with
                        promised release dates on RPGNOW and the like...hey shit happens,
                        but when you take a customers money they damn well better get what
                        was sold to them, and since we haven't I say trade for what you need.

                        PS-If you ever read this SCott I don't want the CD sent to me sonce
                        your girlfriend refunded mine the $20, tell her thanks for me.

                        Message 11 of 19 , Apr 18 2:59 PM
                          BCBH is the one file on the CD that I was waiting for as well. I
                          could have gotten it off of RPGNow, but I thought I would support
                          Scott and pony up for the CD as a BD present for myself. Guess I
                          should have just gone to RPGNow.....

                          Message 12 of 19 , Apr 18 3:18 PM
                            i believe you. give me a way to upload to you and i'll send you my copy.

                            g'head and email me privately at orion at finagler dot net

                            Message 13 of 19 , Apr 18 4:56 PM
                              On 18 Apr 2004, at 16:18, Orion wrote:

                              > i believe you. give me a way to upload to you and i'll send you my copy.
                              >
                              > g'head and email me privately at orion at finagler dot net

                              I've got FTP and all 3 of the PDFs now (DNW, LTSD and BCBH, in both regular color
                              and B&W printer friendly) and the webspace to upload them, so people can contact
                              me directly as well - palmer at shinraonline dot com

                            • Patrick
                              Message 14 of 19 , Apr 18 5:45 PM
                                It's guipago_22@...
                                Now I emailed Scott & Jenny ( his GF) about a week ago. No response from Scott but I got an auto response from Yahoo teling me that Jenny's mail box was over limit & my message could not be sent.....

                                Orion wrote:
                                i've actually lost her email. anyone got it?

                                At 02:36 AM 18/04/2004 +0000, you wrote:
                                >--- In deedsnotwordsd20@yahoogroups.com, Orion <okidder@t...> wrote:
                                > > i was starting to think about this recently, myself. i don't want
                                >to rag on
                                > > the guy, but honestly, how much effort does it take to go to
                                >someone's
                                > > house who has a CD burner, burn a bunch of sets of CDs which are
                                >identical
                                > > to each other, and then toss them in the post? i appreciate that
                                >the guy
                                > > made a really fun game, but i'm baffled by the lack of
                                >organisational
                                > > skills, here.
                                >
                                >No one's attempted to ask his girlfriend very, very nicely to check
                                >on Scott?  I'm surprised.

                              • Patrick
                                Message 15 of 19 , Apr 18 6:14 PM
                                  Ok, only thing I was missing from the whole fiascoe was BoD&D & BoD&D modern.
                                  If I could get the printer friendly copy of these two, I'd be a happy camper :)

                                  Scott,
                                  Please get in touch with us soon!!!

                                  Message 16 of 19 , Apr 18 6:35 PM
                                    On 18 Apr 2004, at 19:45, Patrick wrote:

                                    > It's guipago_22@...
                                    > Now I emailed Scott & Jenny ( his GF) about a week ago. No response from
                                    > Scott but I got an auto response from Yahoo teling me that Jenny's mail
                                    > box was over limit & my message could not be sent.....

                                    Thanks to the kindness of fellow gamers, I now have all 3 books.

                                    Pity I never got a hold of VVV 1.0 (or that it was never updated to 1.1)

                                    As stated before, I can help other CD buyers lacking a full set.

                                  • Jonathan M. Thompson
                                    Message 17 of 19 , Apr 18 6:41 PM
                                      Three books? What is the third one? (I own the first editions of DNW and
                                      BCBH, what is the third book?)

                                      Jonathan M. Thompson
                                      President, Battlefield Press, Inc. (http://www.battlefieldpress.com)
                                      jthompson@... / AIM - GreyLnsman
                                      Luftwaffe 1946 Role Playing Game - Available April 2004; Eric Flint's
                                      1632 Role Playing Game - Available July 2004

                                      On 18 Apr 2004, at 19:45, Patrick wrote:

                                      > It's guipago_22@...
                                      > Now I emailed Scott & Jenny ( his GF) about a week ago. No response
                                      from
                                      > Scott but I got an auto response from Yahoo teling me that Jenny's
                                      mail
                                      > box was over limit & my message could not be sent.....

                                      Thanks to the kindness of fellow gamers, I now have all 3 books.

                                      Pity I never got a hold of VVV 1.0 (or that it was never updated to 1.1)

                                      As stated before, I can help other CD buyers lacking a full set.

                                      ---
                                      Incoming mail is certified Virus Free.

                                      ---
                                      Message 18 of 19 , Apr 18 6:54 PM
                                        On 18 Apr 2004, at 20:41, Jonathan M. Thompson wrote:

                                        > Three books? What is the third one? (I own the first editions
                                        > of DNW and BCBH, what is the third book?)

                                        Laying The Smack Down, which came out between DNW and BCBH.

                                        Chock full of martial arts goodness and Hulk-loads of new ass-whoopin feats.

                                      • Jonathan M. Thompson