Computer assist?

  • Lizard
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 27, 2004
      Are there any DNW modules for any of the D20 computer-assist programs, such
      as PCGen, Roleplaying Master, or Campaign Suite? Or even a spreadsheet
      chargen aid?
    • Valgar/Magnatude/RPK
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 28, 2004
        I have RPG Master and Campaign Suite, I'd be willing to help compile this information for the two programs,
        Did you already compile the base character generation for these Liz?
        If not, I wouldnt mind helping or having assistance with making the character templates.
        :)
        You can always get a hold of me at valgar @ gamezoid.com
        ~~Richard K~~
        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 28, 2004
          On 10:12 AM 2/28/2004, Valgar/Magnatude/RPK said....
          >I have RPG Master and Campaign Suite, I'd be willing to help compile this
          >information for the two programs,
          >Did you already compile the base character generation for these Liz?

          No, I've put no work into either; I have very little time to spare for such
          a project, hence, my hope someone else had already done so. Of the two, it
          seems RPM is much more frequently maintained -- Campaign Suite seems to
          have been in limbo for months, now.
        • Valgar/Magnatude/RPK
          Message 4 of 7 , Feb 28, 2004
            Ok, I will start making the templates for RPM, I'll have to get my own Custom Content # (so it doesnt overwrite existing database data).
            I know that with current content with RPM, they have a password lock on the data, eg: "you have to know the first word on page..." so that only people who bought the rules can open the data.
            I'm wondering if this is ok with Scott?
            I'm the meantime I'll work on the data (for our own personal use)... if anyone else has RPM and wants to aid in this "psycological torture-chamber" of data feel free!

            Message 5 of 7 , Feb 28, 2004
              On 10:55 AM 2/28/2004, Valgar/Magnatude/RPK said....
              >Ok, I will start making the templates for RPM, I'll have to get my own
              >Custom Content # (so it doesnt overwrite existing database data).
              >I know that with current content with RPM, they have a password lock on
              >the data, eg: "you have to know the first word on page..." so that only
              >people who bought the rules can open the data.
              >I'm wondering if this is ok with Scott?
              >I'm the meantime I'll work on the data (for our own personal use)... if
              >anyone else has RPM and wants to aid in this "psycological
              >torture-chamber" of data feel free!

              Before you begin, it might be worth checking to see if RPM could even
              handle things like Power Points, Wealth, Fame, and so on...there's a lot of
              rule mods for DNW which most programs aren't equipped to handle.

              If I had the time, I'd probably use Metacreator -- given that it can do
              both GURPS and D&D with the core engine, it can probably do *anything*.
            • Valgar/Magnatude/RPK
              Message 6 of 7 , Feb 28, 2004
                I know that Campaign Suite can use custom "points", but I've had a heck of a time attempting to create data/templates with it.
                I'll attempt to do some testing with the d20 modern data while I wait for Luke's reply on my ID number.
                ~~RPK~~

                Message 7 of 7 , Feb 28, 2004
                  After an inspection of the interface, yes, there is ability to add these in, however, there is considerable experession building to be done to make it all function properly in the combat engine. I'm sure the community will be able to help out in VBScripting on the RPM boards.