Adobe Reader problem

  • Steven Martin
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 1, 2004
      If anyone can help me with this problem, I would really appreciate
      it. I can no longer open Adobe on my computer. The load screen
      comes up, but it doesn't go away. I've tried several different
      pdfs, but it is the same with all of them. I have re-installed
      adobe, updated adobe, updated my drivers, updated windows, and
      cursed loudly at my computer, with no change at all. It started
      today after I downloaded some pdfs from rpgnow. Any suggestions?
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 1, 2004
        On 1 Jan 2004, at 19:55, Steven Martin wrote:

        > If anyone can help me with this problem, I would really appreciate
        > it. I can no longer open Adobe on my computer. The load screen
        > comes up, but it doesn't go away. I've tried several different
        > pdfs, but it is the same with all of them. I have re-installed
        > adobe, updated adobe, updated my drivers, updated windows, and
        > cursed loudly at my computer, with no change at all. It started
        > today after I downloaded some pdfs from rpgnow. Any suggestions?

        Have you tried uninstalling completely before reinstalling?

      • Steven Martin
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 2, 2004
          Thanks for the reply. Actually I did take it completely
          off my computer, and then reinstalled. I found out how to
          get it to work yesterday. A bunch of other adobe users
          were having the same problem. My temp folder was full of
          .tmp files. Once I manually deleted them, it immediately
          started working again.

          Steve
          --- Palmer of the Turks <palmer@...> wrote:
          > On 1 Jan 2004, at 19:55, Steven Martin wrote:
          >
          > > If anyone can help me with this problem, I would really
          > appreciate
          > > it. I can no longer open Adobe on my computer. The
          > load screen
          > > comes up, but it doesn't go away. I've tried several
          > different
          > > pdfs, but it is the same with all of them. I have
          > re-installed
          > > adobe, updated adobe, updated my drivers, updated
          > windows, and
          > > cursed loudly at my computer, with no change at all.
          > It started
          > > today after I downloaded some pdfs from rpgnow. Any
          > suggestions?
          >
          > Have you tried uninstalling completely before
          > reinstalling?

          > The above email was brought to you by Shinra Online
          > http://www.shinraonline.com
          > Click it... you know you want to.

          =====
          VR,