I'm awake, quit poking me.... zzzzz... I'm awake!

  • cryptosnark_games
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 7, 2003
      Okay, I was out for a while. Obviously, my brain was trying to tell
      me something. Also, somebody has apparently replaced the
      Minnesota Vikings' usual pre-game coffee with pure dinosaur
      testosterone, so I've been distracted for a while.

      Anyhoo, the changes to the book are (supply your own imaginary
      drumroll)...

      -The list of 50 random villain plots is now a list of 100 random
      villain plots;

      -I have created a worksheet for designing story antagonists; it's
      rudimentary, but I think the concept shows promise;

      -There are more quotes, of course;

      -Baron Azathoth has a page of devices, and Castle Silence has a
      three-page writeup;

      -Dr. Deadline, the Motley Minx, and Zharadak all have a page of
      gadgets and devices each; I'm most pleased with Deadline's;

      -Aleksandr Korsakov's submarine gets a page of detail;

      -The Midnight League's zeppelin has been detailed;

      -A list of 24 amusing pieces of minion equipment has been
      included;

      -A page of pre-created goons and minions has been included;

      -20 new individual villains have been included; there are 85
      villains total in the new book.

      Also, I think the new layout works out really well; it was
      complicated, but not the devilishly aggravating mess of work I
      thought it was going to be.

      Cheers!

      SL
    • slingbld
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 7, 2003
        ok,
        Sounds like it was way worth the wait.
        I just hope I get my "Here's yer free updated copy since you bought 1.0" email soon!!
        I'm drooling worse than me daughter, I am!!

        cryptosnark_games wrote:
[...]

      • Valgar Bloodflyte
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 7, 2003
          Lemme get this straight... there was an older version of BCBH? Correct??
          I just wish I could find BCBH so I can purchase and DL it... I've looked everywhere... point me in the right direction?
          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 7, 2003
            On 7 Dec 2003, at 17:56, Valgar Bloodflyte wrote:

            > Lemme get this straight... there was an older version of BCBH?
            > Correct??

            Correct. It went along with DNW 1.0, along with LTSD and VVV.

            > I just wish I could find BCBH so I can purchase and DL it...
            > I've looked everywhere... point me in the right direction?

            It hasn't been availiable for purchase/download ever since DNW 1.1 was released,
            because it was then sorely out of date. It's done revising to 1.1 and should be
            availiable for purchase on the Cryptosnark site as well as RPGNow.com within the
            next couple of days.

            VVV has yet to be updated to 1.1

          • Steven Martin
            Message 5 of 5 , Dec 29, 2003
              Scott,

              We talked a couple of months ago on the discussion group
              about a DNW "D20 Modern" conversion/update. Are you still
              tracking on a January release date?

              I have found that the free .pdf that preceeded the release
              of Four Colors to Fantasy (4CTF) Modern contained a hero
              class chart. I have been using that to "update" DNW
              characters for use in the D20 Modern setting, with a lot of
              success.

              I do, however, look forward to something "official" if it
              is still in the horizon.

              Steve

              http://photos.yahoo.com/