Questions/Clarifications

  • cold_fuzion2001
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 8, 2003
      A friend of mine has been looking over the DNW rulebook and has a few
      questions and clarifications he's curious about.

      Automatic Attack - Says -1 penalty to the acck roll for every
      'additional' target. This means -4 on 5 targets where as the example
      says -4 with 4 targets

      ablities that say 'Power List: Transgenic Augment' should say
      'Power List: Artifical Augments'

      Many of the Armor Adept Suit Modifications could/should be included
      as Artificial Augment powers. This should probably be at least added
      as an optional rule to use them as such.

      Extra Hit Points on p 149 should at least gain the 3 hp change that
      Suit Hit POints p221 plans to be getting.

      Weapon sizes. I can't seem to locate what each weapon's 'size' should
      be for handedness and feats such as Two Weapon Fighting.

      Natrual Weaponry and Various Suit weapon enhancements could be
      summarized into one enhancement for easy reference, usuable by all
      power/suit types.

      Was it intetended that Cybernetic Eyes (Infrared Vision) cost 2 EP
      while the power Infrared Vision cost 5 EP?

      I'm sorry if any of this has been covered already. Thanks.
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 8, 2003
        The Oracle has heard your pleas, and sends forth the following
        mystic responses:

        --- In deedsnotwordsd20@yahoogroups.com, "cold_fuzion2001"
        <coldfuzion@c...> wrote:

        > Automatic Attack - Says -1 penalty to the acck roll for every
        > 'additional' target. This means -4 on 5 targets where as the
        example
        > says -4 with 4 targets

        The example is wrong; it should be -3 for 4 targets.

        > ablities that say 'Power List: Transgenic Augment' should say
        > 'Power List: Artifical Augments'

        Yes, they should. Mea maxima culpa.

        > Many of the Armor Adept Suit Modifications could/should be
        included
        > as Artificial Augment powers. This should probably be at least
        added
        > as an optional rule to use them as such.

        Hmmm. Good thought.

        > Extra Hit Points on p 149 should at least gain the 3 hp change
        that
        > Suit Hit POints p221 plans to be getting.

        I thought about this, but I wanted Suit HP to be slightly cheaper,
        considering that a) adept HP don't help prevent the suit from
        getting trashed; b) field first-aid, healing spells, etc. won't help a
        damaged suit; c) suit HP totals were looking a bit low on a
        level-by-level basis to remain competitive with other "tough"
        classes, considering the inherent disadvantages of donning,
        doffing, and repairing armor.

        > Weapon sizes. I can't seem to locate what each weapon's
        'size' should
        > be for handedness and feats such as Two Weapon Fighting.

        D'oh! For most melee weapons, you may presume they have the
        same features as standard D&D/d20 weapons. I may need to
        tack on an addendum for firearms.

        > Natrual Weaponry and Various Suit weapon enhancements
        could be
        > summarized into one enhancement for easy reference,
        usuable by all
        > power/suit types.

        Hmmmm. That *is* a cool idea...

        > Was it intetended that Cybernetic Eyes (Infrared Vision) cost 2
        EP
        > while the power Infrared Vision cost 5 EP?

        Yes; the Cyber-Eyes version works out to 30 feet; the full version
        works out to the complete extent of the character's natural vision.

        Cheers!