My Yahoo Group

  • marsalpha
    Message 1 of 15 , Nov 1, 2003
      I been doing some thinking and came to the conclusion that I am a
      moron. I have my little, two bit yahoo group and I had a rule that
      only those in my campaign are in the group but after some
      consideration I decided that if you want to join and you are not a
      SPAM bot then you should be allowed.

      I made Capital Area Heroes for all of my players to keep in touch and
      for me to put out material to avoid long lectures about how
      Washington DC is in 2020 but some people want to join, not to
      play...since they do not live in the area but to see how this
      unfolds. To see the development of the story. It kinda brings a tear
      to my eye.

      So if you like you may come to my group, subscribe but remember that
      it ain't anything real special like this list is. In fact if you are
      NOT a player in my game I can tell you all the juicy secrets about
      what is going on and such.

      Here is the link to the group. Please read the instruction on how to
      join. http://groups.yahoo.com/group/cah_dnw/

      Thank You
      Cris Picado
    • Valgar Bloodflyte
      Message 2 of 15 , Nov 1, 2003
        Hi Cris.
        Is this group playing over the internet or is it a face-to-face tabletop game group?

        Message 3 of 15 , Nov 2, 2003
          --- In deedsnotwordsd20@yahoogroups.com, Valgar Bloodflyte
          <lordvalgar@s...> wrote:
          > Hi Cris.
          > Is this group playing over the internet or is it a face-to-face
          tabletop game group?

          This is a table top group only. I only do face to face gaming.

          Cris Picado
          AKA Aries Omega
        • Steven Martin
          Message 4 of 15 , Nov 2, 2003
            If there is anyone out there interested in running an
            online DNW game, I'm interested.

            Steve
            --- marsalpha <MarsAlpha@...> wrote:
            > --- In deedsnotwordsd20@yahoogroups.com, Valgar
            > Bloodflyte
            > <lordvalgar@s...> wrote:
            > > Hi Cris.
            > > Is this group playing over the internet or is it a
            > face-to-face
            > tabletop game group?
            >
            > This is a table top group only. I only do face to face
            > gaming.
            >
            > Cris Picado
            > AKA Aries Omega

            =====
            VR,
            Steven Martin

          • Valgar Bloodflyte
            Message 5 of 15 , Nov 2, 2003
              I have a few players interested in me GM'ing a group once a week in the near future. We use GRiP www.rpgrealms.com where you can DL the FREE players client. This will be basicly a chat client with dice and map visuals. My plan is to get this organized by early December. if you are interested, give me a shout. However I plan on having only a small group 3-4 players.
              ~~RPK~~

              --- marsalpha <MarsAlpha@...> wrote:
              > --- In deedsnotwordsd20@yahoogroups.com, Valgar
              > Bloodflyte
              > <lordvalgar@s...> wrote:
              > > Hi Cris.
              > > Is this group playing over the internet or is it a
              > face-to-face
              > tabletop game group?
              >
              > This is a table top group only. I only do face to face
              > gaming.
              >
              > Cris Picado
              > AKA Aries Omega

              =====
              VR,
              Steven Martin

            • Daiv
              Message 6 of 15 , Nov 2, 2003
                OH! OH!!!
                SHOUT! <Jumping up and down, waving arms>

                (I am not well known for my subtlety).
                On Sunday, November 2, 2003, at 04:24 PM, Valgar Bloodflyte wrote:

                > I have a few players interested in me GM'ing a group once a week in
                > the near future. We use GRiP www.rpgrealms.com where you can DL the
                > FREE players client. This will be basicly a chat client with dice and
                > map visuals. My plan is to get this organized by early December. if
                > you are interested, give me a shout. However I plan on having only a
                > small group 3-4 players.
                > ~~RPK~~
                > AKA: Magnatude on GMMastery.com boards

                the words that you said
                my spirit could not contain
                release and move on

                -Daiv
                www.geekhaiku.com
                AIM drnknmstrhkugk
                YIM daivbear
              • Steven Martin
                Message 7 of 15 , Nov 2, 2003
                  Let me know when you are up and running. I'm definitely
                  interested. I 'm in the Army, and it is hard to find people in the
                  area that play.

                  Steve

                  <lordvalgar@s...> wrote:
                  > I have a few players interested in me GM'ing a group once a week
                  in the near future. We use GRiP www.rpgrealms.com where you can DL
                  the FREE players client. This will be basicly a chat client with
                  dice and map visuals. My plan is to get this organized by early
                  December. if you are interested, give me a shout. However I plan on
                  having only a small group 3-4 players.
                  > ~~RPK~~
                  > AKA: Magnatude on GMMastery.com boards

                  Service.
                • Valgar Bloodflyte
                  Message 8 of 15 , Nov 2, 2003
                    :)
                    Just to let you know I'm Pacific Standard Time (West Coast close to Vancouver Canada/Seatle for those geographicly challanged)

                    My Backdrop is an Alterate Earth Setting with changes in city names:
                    Seattle = Darkport
                    Vegas = Silver City
                    LA = Sin City
                    NY = Megopolis
                    London = Victory City
                    Moscow = Omega City
                    and so on...

                    Lots of Corperate sponsered Agencies, lots of grey-area justice for the vindictive styled Player Heroes (which every GM knows you cannot get away from).
                    Bigger-Badder "than life" villians and hints of alien political takeovers.
                    Sound like your pound of cake?
                    ~~RPK~~

                    Message 9 of 15 , Nov 2, 2003
                      What tithe level/player level would we start at? I am
                      envisioning a naive hero (with a lot of raw power that
                      isn't yet harnessed) that tries to find the good in
                      everyone. Either he makes a real difference or eventually
                      can't take the evils of mankind and turns full up
                      vigilantee to bring humanity into line with his ethical
                      code, which is of course very distorted at this point. Let
                      me know and I will send you the stats and full player
                      concept. I am in the central timezone, Texas.

                      Steve

                      =====
                      VR,
                      Steven Martin

                    • Rusty Emerson
                      Message 10 of 15 , Nov 2, 2003
                        I'm in the central time zone as well, and available after about 8pm, but would be interested if that suits you.

                        --- marsalpha <MarsAlpha@...> wrote:
                        > --- In deedsnotwordsd20@yahoogroups.com, Valgar
                        > Bloodflyte
                        > <lordvalgar@s...> wrote:
                        > > Hi Cris.
                        > > Is this group playing over the internet or is it a
                        > face-to-face
                        > tabletop game group?
                        >
                        > This is a table top group only. I only do face to face
                        > gaming.
                        >
                        > Cris Picado
                        > AKA Aries Omega

                        =====
                        VR,
                        Steven Martin

                        Message 11 of 15 , Nov 2, 2003
                          On 2 Nov 2003, at 17:51, Valgar Bloodflyte wrote:

                          > :)
                          > Just to let you know I'm Pacific Standard Time (West Coast close to
                          > Vancouver Canada/Seatle for those geographicly challanged)

                          How convenient. I live in Vancouver. Well, Coquitlam, technically.

                          What time of day/days of week would you be thinking?
                          Depending on the schedule, I'd love to be in on this.

                          > My Backdrop is an Alterate Earth Setting with changes in city names:
                          > Seattle = Darkport
                          > Vegas = Silver City
                          > LA = Sin City
                          > NY = Megopolis
                          > London = Victory City
                          > Moscow = Omega City
                          > and so on...
                          >
                          > Lots of Corperate sponsered Agencies, lots of grey-area justice
                          > for the vindictive styled Player Heroes (which every GM knows
                          > you cannot get away from).
                          > Bigger-Badder "than life" villians and hints of alien political takeovers.
                          > Sound like your pound of cake?

                          Durn tootin it does!

                        • Daiv
                          Message 12 of 15 , Nov 3, 2003
                            it does, indeed. I have a character idea that i think would fit in
                            nicely; Mutant Champion for the Goddess Discordia (She got a bad rap
                            after that whole 'trojan war' thing, so he is out to help her do some
                            PR on the idea that Chaos, Strife and Discord are /Good/ for people.) I
                            do not have the book with me at the moment, and i have not, as yet,
                            done the nitty gritty character creation stuff.
                            However... I am currently (and for the foreseeable future) on a
                            Macintosh computer. From what i have seen, I am therefore unable to run
                            the Grip client. I believe this leaves me SOL.
                            Still ,if there is a way for me to participate (ie, if there is a Mac
                            version of the application) then I am all into it.

                            -Daiv

                            thoughts rise with the sun
                            chocolate coffee donuts
                            worst idea ever

                            -Daiv
                            www.geekhaiku.com
                            AIM drnknmstrhkugk
                            YIM daivbear
                            Message 13 of 15 , Nov 7, 2003
                              On 3 Nov 2003, at 20:47, Daiv wrote:

                              > it does, indeed. I have a character idea that i think would fit in
                              > nicely; Mutant Champion for the Goddess Discordia (She got a bad rap
                              > after that whole 'trojan war' thing, so he is out to help her do some
                              > PR on the idea that Chaos, Strife and Discord are /Good/ for people.)

                              BAH! The goddess is ERIS. ERIS, Goddess of Discord! She who threw the golden
                              apple inscribed with Kallisti (To the Fairest)

                              If you wanna be a Discordian, get it right! :p

                              http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~tilt/principia/
                              The Principia Discordia - holy book of Discordianism.

                              Palmer
                              Part Time Discordian And Authentic,
                              For Real, Completely Legit, Full Time
                              Pope

                              http://www.shinraonline.com/palmer/palmerpope.gif

                            • Daiv
                              Message 14 of 15 , Nov 7, 2003
                                Discodia is what the Romans called her; Either name is potentially
                                correct (the interaction between Greek and roman mythology is
                                interesting to say the least). If you are going to criticize me, take
                                the time to do some research and make sure I am wrong.
                                :=)
                                (I am an Involuntary Discordian...praise her name and maybe she will
                                stop picking on me (no, it doesn't work, but nothing else does either,
                                and it helps kill the time) So, no, I _don't_ want to be a
                                Discordian... I just don't seem to have a choice).
                                -Daiv

                                On Friday, November 7, 2003, at 12:49 AM, Palmer of the Turks wrote:

                                > On 3 Nov 2003, at 20:47, Daiv wrote:
                                >
                                >> it does, indeed. I have a character idea that i think would fit in
                                >> nicely; Mutant Champion for the Goddess Discordia (She got a bad rap
                                >> after that whole 'trojan war' thing, so he is out to help her do some
                                >> PR on the idea that Chaos, Strife and Discord are /Good/ for people.)
                                >
                                > BAH! The goddess is ERIS. ERIS, Goddess of Discord! She who threw the
                                > golden
                                > apple inscribed with Kallisti (To the Fairest)
                                >
                                > If you wanna be a Discordian, get it right! :p
                                >
                                > http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~tilt/principia/
                                > The Principia Discordia - holy book of Discordianism.
                                >
                                > Palmer
                                > Part Time Discordian And Authentic,
                                > For Real, Completely Legit, Full Time
                                > Pope
                                >
                                > http://www.shinraonline.com/palmer/palmerpope.gif
                                >
                                > ====================
                                > The above email was brought to you by Shinra Online
                                > http://www.shinraonline.com
                                > Click it... you know you want to.

                                > ---------------------~-->
                                > Canada.
                                > http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
                                > http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/ofVplB/TM

                                my mother once said
                                that boy is stranger than a
                                three toed barking frog

                                -Daiv
                                www.geekhaiku.com
                                AIM drnknmstrhkugk
                                YIM daivbear
                              • The Shadow
                                Message 15 of 15 , Nov 7, 2003
                                  --- In deedsnotwordsd20@yahoogroups.com, Daiv <daiv@c...> wrote:
                                  > Discodia is what the Romans called her; Either name is
                                  potentially
                                  > correct (the interaction between Greek and roman mythology is
                                  > interesting to say the least).

                                  "Interesting" only in that the Romans couldn't be bothered to come up
                                  with their OWN mythology. :) (Actually they did, and it was pretty
                                  interesting in places, but they pretty much dropped it wholesale in
                                  their adoption of Greek culture.)

                                  I always prefer the Greek names, myself. "Herakles",
                                  not "Hercules"... and "Eris", not "Discordia".

                                  The Shadow