Re: [deedsnotwordsd20] Re: LTSD 1.1 is Set!

    Message 1 of 15 , Aug 13 8:12 PM
      On 14 Aug 2003, at 2:28, cryptosnark wrote:

      > Because the demand that would place upon my current hosting
      > setup, with a relatively fragile server, would blow it into splinters.
      > My friend is working on upgrading ASAP, but for the time being
      > I'm kinda living with weenie bandwidth.

      How much bandwidth would you be chewing through a month, perchance?

      I'm a co-admin of a decently hefty dedicated server with piss-all on it right now. Just
      our forum, really. But we had to move up to a dedicated because there isn't a shared
      plan in existence that can handle us. ^^
      We are looking for anyone who might want hosting to help defray our costs... we host
      cheap! Generous and flexible terms.

      Or I might be able to swing you some free webspace and bandwidth with FTP access
      for a while, at least until you have RPGNow sorted out, or to update everyone who
      bought 1.0.

      It's just a question of exactly how much bandwidth/webspace you'd need for how long.
      Mail me offlist if you're interested. I'll be online from now (8pm PDT) till well past
      midnight local time and thus should respond promptly.

    • Patrick
      Message 2 of 15 , Aug 22 11:51 AM
        Has anyone who ordered LTSD 1.0 been able to get 1.1?
        I'm Jonesin' for my Smak Down!!

        Patrick~
        The man formerly known as Cabal

        cryptosnark wrote:
        --- In deedsnotwordsd20@yahoogroups.com, "The Shadow"
        <grose12@j...> wrote:
        > > I'm sorry, I probably didn't make this clear enough. I *need*
        > > RPGnow to handle order fulfillment for this one; uploading
        and
        > > sending something the size of LTSD is currently beyond the
        > > capacity of my e-mail. That's why it's so terribly important. ;)
        >
        > This question is perhaps naive... but why can't you just email a
        web
        > address to download it from, just the way you do with DNW
        itself?

        Because the demand that would place upon my current hosting
        setup, with a relatively fragile server, would blow it into splinters.
        My friend is working on upgrading ASAP, but for the time being
        I'm kinda living with weenie bandwidth.

      • Rusty Emerson
        Message 3 of 15 , Aug 22 2:38 PM
          Hmm, no, I hadn't tried yet. Last I had seen Scott was still having
          problems with RPGnow.

          > Has anyone who ordered LTSD 1.0 been able to get 1.1?
          > I'm Jonesin' for my Smak Down!!
          >
          > Patrick~
          > The man formerly known as Cabal
          >
          > cryptosnark wrote:
          >
          > > --- In deedsnotwordsd20@yahoogroups.com, "The Shadow"
          > > and
          > > >
          > > > This question is perhaps naive... but why can't you just email a
          > > web
          > > > address to download it from, just the way you do with DNW
          > > itself?
          > >
          > > Because the demand that would place upon my current hosting
          > > setup, with a relatively fragile server, would blow it into splinters.
          > > My friend is working on upgrading ASAP, but for the time being
          > > I'm kinda living with weenie bandwidth.
          > >
          > > Cheers,
          > >
          > > SL
          > >

          > > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

          <http://rd.yahoo.com/M=259538.3705203.4965331.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=17053347
          60:HM/A=1712983/R=0/SIG=11u38u3s2/*http://hits.411web.com/cgi-bin/hit?page=1
          374-105951838331032>

          Message 4 of 15 , Aug 22 8:03 PM
            --- In deedsnotwordsd20@yahoogroups.com, "Rusty Emerson"
            <therusty@f...> wrote:
            > Hmm, no, I hadn't tried yet. Last I had seen Scott was still
            having
            > problems with RPGnow.

            Actually, it's set as of today and I can start distributing. However,
            today is Jenny's* birthday and I'll be out of touch with reality until
            mid-day Sunday. On Sunday, I'll put up my preview PDF and start
            passing out copies to them what are owed copies. I expect to
            have distribution finished late Monday night.

            For those that are keeping track about what I said was in it, I lied.
            I added about 100 new/adapted feats, for a total of 175, and it
            now has a total page count of 110, or a net gain of 24 over the
            previous version.

            (My girlfriend of five and a half years, the world's most wonder ful
            geek chick, my better half)

            Cheers!

            SL
          • Patrick
            Message 5 of 15 , Aug 22 8:29 PM
              I can wait another few days. Have fun & treat your better half well this weekend!

              Patrick
              The man formerly known as Cabal.
              Well, still known as Cabal but just decided to use my real name as well :P