Thoughts on Telekinsis

  • Daiv
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 31, 2003
      So, what if Telekinesis were handled / like flight?
      That is, a character would buy the 'strength' and 'dexterity' aspects
      of the skill separately, as speed and skill in flying are bought
      separately.
      As it stands, if I read correctly, the whole thing is treated as an
      Int based skill, with the effective strength as a function of the
      amount that the Skill check exceeds 10.
      Which does not answer the question, what if I want to use a key in a
      lock, behind a guard while my partner is distracting him with her Bluff
      skill?
      Keys are not heavy, so it is not a difficult thing to lift. On the
      other hand, this check requires fine manipulation. One skill for both
      seems... well, okay, simple, yes, and certainly convenient... but...
      uhm... [pardon me while I look for the downside]

      thoughts rise with the sun
      chocolate coffee donuts
      worst idea ever

      -Daiv