need a question answered from Scott...

  • Bill
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 9, 2003
      Hey Scott-

      Sent you an inter-group e-mail concerning my question, but I know how
      unrelaible Yahoo Groups can be, so if you go this meesage already I
      apologize, honestly I am not trying to be a pest :)

      So I have ver. 1.0 of DNW it was a gift from my girlfriend some
      months back, and was purchased via her credit card and e-mail
      address. Not long after getting the game, our computer's motherboard
      fried, and it has only been within the last couple of weeks have I
      been able to get back online, which was why I only recently joined
      the Yahoo group after being an avid fan of DNW.

      NOw I could swore I read somehwere on a message board (I think it was
      D20 reviews) when I was trying to decide on whether or not to buy
      your game, that those who purchased the game recieved updates for
      free, and after readin through the message board here, I got the same
      inlcination that this is so; so the question is do those of us who
      have 1.0 get updates for future versions? I'd be more than happy to
      give you my girlfriend's name and e-mail addy via e-mail, if you keep
      customer records that is. Just holla at avatar@...

      ANd last let me say what a cool game! I've been a Chapions player
      since around 1984 or so, and have played about every Super-Hero
      roleplaying game there is, and after getting DNW I put all my 5
      editions of Champions away in storage with DC Heroes and MSH stuff,
      and my gaming group loves DNW as well. This week will be the true
      test, I am intoducing DNW to my old Champions group, and they have
      been die-hard Hero fans as long as I have, wish me luck.
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 10, 2003
        Howdy, Bill!

        You heard correct. All updates to C-snark PDFs are free in
        perpetuity to purchasers of any edition or revision. Your
        computer-explody problems have only been compounded by the
        fact that my own customer database blew up some months ago,
        and after much painstaking effort it still isn't all put back together.
        I'm sure there are still a few others missing their updates.

        Anyhow, I'm sending off all relevant info to you ASAP. If you're
        going to be introducing DNW to ex-Champs players, 1.1 is what
        you want.

        Cheers!

        SL
      • khornhole
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 11, 2003
          I am in Bill's gaming group. I too would like to have 1.1 as I have
          purchased the previous edition. Kudos to Bill as a GM! I am really
          having a good time playing DNW. BTW, Bill's computer is an explody
          thing. I hope I don't have to have my hair dried by the Nuclear Blast
          Dryer again to get 1.1, my hair is just now growing back. what little
          there was in the first place...

          Gary